Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Page 869 of 869 FirstFirst ... 369769819844859865866867868869
Results 8,681 to 8,683 of 8683
    Got to shoot my SW22 Victory for the 2nd time. The 1st time was with an old mixed batch of ammo, age unknown and as a result, had several failures. This time I shot mostly Aguila Super Extra and the stuff ran perfectly. I'm really liking this pistol and the fiber optic sites are a big help in amplifying what little light is available.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Si vis pacem, para bellum

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" Rudyard Kipling

2. Likes Garpo's Post:

One of my buddies brought me his old Winchester 24 in 12ga a few weeks back. Wanted me to bring it to my shooting partner to fix an issue it had. Just couldn't stand it when both barrels fired. I asked if he needed me to put the toilet seat down for him. Then I told him sure I would take it up and did.

We took it down a few weeks back and found a couple of problems. I told him to buy the 2 new sear springs someone cut off. The other problem was sear engagement on one side. It may have only been 1/4 engaged if that and wasn't shaped well. He reshaped the sear for better engagement and touched up the other side for good measure and reassembled.

I delivered it back to him this afternoon and we decided to try it out at the skeet club. It was taking him a long time to shoot. I just had to ask once again if he need help with the toilet seat. That lit a fire under him. He ran about a half a box through with no doubles and he was grinning. He insisted that I fire the rest of the box. Old thing shoots pretty sweet. It has been a minute since I shot skeets with a M/F S/S if ever...I did manage to break more than he did

Can't say I blame him for being leary/twitchy of setting off a "another double". Give him a Metal for shooting a 1.5 ga (12ga=.7292 = 1.458). Lol . Always good to hear about helping hands.
    Wild Rider

Those that give up their guns are on a self destructive fools errand. Tyranny shall never take what it didn't provide: not by paper, not by Court and not by force.