• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Piranhacuda

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I was 160lbs I used to carry a Walter PPQ with a 5” barrel as my daily edc but over the years I got myself up 200lbs and after living in Oregon I fell in love with the 10mm. I could defend myself from bears with Buffalo Bore or use XTP 180g for self defense.

I bought this and I’ve bought two holsters but carrying feels like a burden now. I just ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck (What I used with my Walther PPQ). I don’t have recoil sensitivity to this firearm but wonder if I should trade it or sell it to my local gun shop for a compact or if anyone here has advice on how to ccw a full size while being full sized. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_7655.jpeg
      IMG_7655.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 8
    • 9AE2242F-3F3C-428E-ABBE-0FEC91BABBD2.jpeg
      9AE2242F-3F3C-428E-ABBE-0FEC91BABBD2.jpeg
      3.7 MB · Views: 9

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ve kicked around the idea of getting g a 10mm for years. I’ve thus far just stayed with the 45ACP in both standard and +p loads.

The 10mm seems to top out at ~200grains. It’s been my experience that such loads (and heavier) are boutique loads. Glocks don’t seem to shoot those heavy loads as reliably as the 180s IME.

I can get an off the shelf +P 45 load with a larger meplat at a comparable velocity of a 180gr 10mm. To my way of thinking that’s a pretty good indication a 45 will do at least 90% of what a 10mm will do under the best circumstances. So I feel just fine with my 45s.

Top Bottom