• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Both of these were purchased at Tradewinds.
    View attachment 109682
    Always find good stuff at Tradewinds every time I go there. My first I bought there was my first Mauser, a relatively rare Columbian 30-06, from the arsenal in 30-06. He's always got good stuff, and almost like a museum curator he will usually take the time to have a conversation. That double decker wall full of eye candy rifles he's got is a real historical landmark in it's own right

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    My SWAG is some folks don't think M1A/clones will be caught up in a potential "evil black rifle BAN. They were on the 94' AWB List.
    And they were used to help kill dozens of Americans in Texas by the same guy who is currently the front runner for enforcing the next AWB

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    M1A's are heavy,bulky,combersom,ammo is heavy to carry,mags are steel,and frankly,the standard issue guns are not that accurate.
    At one small "window" in my career the forces to be wanted some of us to carry them. Most of our bosses "refused".
    Nowadays is is all about the nostalgia thing. I understand the retro thing. But that is IFF you have close personal ties to the weapon. Modt buy them to be cool,play "Amy Man" etc. Ammo is expensive,accessories for the weapon are expensive and not as redily available as some other platforms,and are not nearly as customizable as a AR.
    They are not hunting weapons either. How many members of your hunting club use them for deer season ?? How many good ol boys running dogs in Blackwater carry them ?? How many long distance still hunters in Eglin has you seen with them ??
    GREAT GUNS . . . don'tget me wrong. But practical ?? NOPE. Like the Garand. . NOPE.
    LOADOUT - -> In a combat situation,would you rather carry a M1 carbine and 15,30 shot mags + another 200rds or so,or a AR and 25-30,20 shot mags and another 200rds or so,or a M1A with 10 20 shot mags and another 50 rds or so ?? ---- SAWMAN

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always find good stuff at Tradewinds every time I go there. My first I bought there was my first Mauser, a relatively rare Columbian 30-06, from the arsenal in 30-06. He's also got good stuff, and almost like a museum curator he will usually take the time to have a conversation. That double decker wall full of eye candy rifles he's got is a real historical landmark in it's own right
    Yeah there is no telling what you will find in there. I buy almost all my guns from Miles. Even if you don’t see what you’re looking for on the wall or in the cases, he may have it somewhere in the mountain of guns behind the counter.
    I check his website all the time now looking for stuff. It’s not a “live” inventory per se, but it is updated pretty much daily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom