• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Try'n Hard

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems simple to me but you just never know. This would be in Alabama. So if I’m owb concealed but my shirt comes up and reveals my firearm wouldn’t I now be open carry, Which would still be legal in AL?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Florida has some specific wording, but as long as you aren't showing it off it's ok if the wind blows your shirt up or if you reach for something on a top shelf and your weapon is visible temporarily you are protected

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Florida has some specific wording, but as long as you aren't showing it off it's ok if the wind blows your shirt up or if you reach for something on a top shelf and your weapon is visible temporarily you are protected
    Apparently if you're on your way to go fishing, fishing, or on your way home from fishing, then you can open carry in Florida. Saw that in a thread here somewhere around here a while back

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apparently if you're on your way to go fishing, fishing, or on your way home from fishing, then you can open carry in Florida. Saw that in a thread here somewhere around here a while back
    So keep a pole in the truck, just in case

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think the word was "Accidental" or "Incidental" exposure. But that's in Florida.

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The problem may come from a responding LEO (if one is called) and to what he knows or thinks he knows. His interpretation of the law might cause you a lot of grief or aggravation, a court date and an attorney's fee. Every case does not meet a certain Scenario so be careful and use common sense.

LtDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also can open carry heading to and from range, but you are not allowed to stop and walk into stores and such.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Why the fork would you do ANYTHING that would warrent the already scared shitless responding police officer to shoot you,put you face down in a mud puddle,or call you a motherfucker,in front of your wife and kids,if you already have the right to carry a concealed weapon ???
    I will try to help the LEO by anticipateing what he wants,what he is thinking,and his mandate,at or before he shows up. I want to let him know that I am one of the good guys. I will have my ID's out and present them to him ASAP. I will be as respectful to him as he is to me. I will try my best to help him out in the job that he has to do.
    I feel that he is AT LEAST as tense over this whole situation as I am. I will try to understand his way of thinking as best as possible. I will not argue with him. That surely is not the time. --- SAWMAN

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Florida is not alabama.

Florida has very strict open carry regulations for some reason.

In Alabama I believe open carry is ok as it is in most other states. This means you are ok if someone sees your firearm so long as you have your concealed weapons license for having it concealed in the first place.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Problem (FOR YOU) is this. - - -> what percentage of the general public do not know the laws of open carry ?? What percentage of the general public do not even know that OC is legal (if it is) ?? What percentage of responding LEO's do not understand all of the above ??
    In this day and age,with what is going on in our cities across the nation,would I myself open carry ?? NOT ON A FORKIN BET ??
    I know,I know . . . it's my right. But is it smart ?? I can present my weapon faster than the average person can present theirs that OC's. Faster most likely because I am more awhare of my surroundings than most.
    And - -> if you OC and I treat you differently than someone that carries concealed . . . that is on you,not me.
    I say . . train with your weapon of choice. Get proficient. You will not find the need to open carry. --- SAWMAN

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even if open carry was legal in Florida, I would opt to stay concealed. If you walk into a bad situation, ie., a convenience store robbery, you become a target if you are seen as a threat. I had rather look like I just showed up for the parade, and look for a chance to take care of the situation IF and WHEN the situation arose. Over the years I have ran a lot of "what-ifs" thru my mind, and I had rather be the old man in the background with a surprise. The same goes for a confrontation in a parking lot.

Sgump

Broke gun enthusiasts
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Most people wouldn't notice here one for you open carry in Delaware no permit needed dont let your shirt cover it with out a permit or go to jail

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Non-lawyer, FWIW.

You "ARE" either carrying CC (IWB or OWB) or your carrying OC. In your example, your CC and because of your movement and improper attire the firearm was exposed to public view. That's bad etiquette but not against the Law. Alabama Law addresses CC but there is no State definition for "concealed" so common law definition would apply meaning out of view. However, there is no law in any State stating "printing" (outline/pattern of) of a firearm is a violation of the Law. When the excuse is changing from CC to OC, it could be precarious dependent on location and circumstances: a clerk at the local Stop and Rob sees you enter without a gun and then sees you walking down aisles with a exposed gun. Clerk might pucker up a bit.

AL Law under Disorderly Conduct States:
    (c) It shall be a rebuttable presumption that the mere carrying of a visible pistol, holstered or secured, in a public place, in and of itself, is not a violation of this section.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems simple to me but you just never know. This would be in Alabama. So if I’m owb concealed but my shirt comes up and reveals my firearm wouldn’t I now be open carry, Which would still be legal in AL?

Why is this whole thread full of responses about "what happens in FL" when the OP states this is in Bama? Any state I can open carry and have the appropriate holster to do so, I do open carry! It is such a freeing experience!

Follow the law of you state and you are good.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

If your shirt comes up revealing your concealed firearm, something is wrong with your set up and you need to fix your shit.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

That's a Stage Two CC Fail, but in Alabama it likely won't be an issue.
    Most folks will roll their eyes at you and think, "DUH-huh"
    Inside a large city (Montgomery/Birmingham) it'd make you a target.

If you are going to OWB, at least put a handcuff case next to it,
    even if you ain't a cop, it'll keep the most from being too big a headache,
    because they'll think you are a cop...but then cops are catching a lotta flack
    lately too...

carrie.jpg

a Pocket Shot is a good option!
    (BATF ruled legal, since the slide is not enclosed) but illegal in California.
    Pocket_Shot_xlarge_5319.jpg

OWB means pulling a shirt over it...but it's still gonna print like mad.
    and on some folks, no pull-over shirt is going to help hide it...
    14725727_1224131127661598_7582215154631700266_n.jpg

So, in the end, if you are worried about your gun peeking out when you move a certain way,
    maybe a different carry apparatus needs to be employed??

Top Bottom