• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Britton Hill is in Walton county at a rural park now.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MOAB

Sent from my SM-G736U using Tapatalk

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The Appalachian overthrust is why they’re all the natural gas wells around Brooklyn Alabama and even a couple in the northern part of Blackwater. I use to be able to drive within a 100 yards of the ones in Blackwater off of Bracken Road but the state blocked the roads going to them with dirt.
    PS I use to run seismic recording crews

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The Appalachian overthrust is why they’re all the natural gas wells around Brooklyn Alabama and even a couple in the northern part of Blackwater. I use to be able to drive within a 100 yards of the ones in Blackwater off of Bracken Road but the state blocked the roads going to them with dirt.
    PS I use to run seismic recording crews
    Would you by chance know how to check the local closest buoys for possible information? I tried but couldn't find the exact time. All I could see was some info on pm stuff on that day. Wasn't even sure if what buoy it was I was looking at either tbh lol. I'm curious to see what they say about this one. Especially since Dauphin Island felt it too.
    If this was a meteorite and crashed in the water that may give a clue also

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Would you by chance know how to check the local closest buoys for possible information? I tried but couldn't find the exact time. All I could see was some info on pm stuff on that day. Wasn't even sure if what buoy it was I was looking at either tbh lol. I'm curious to see what they say about this one. Especially since Dauphin Island felt it too.
    If this was a meteorite and crashed in the water that may give a clue also
    Wish I could point you in the right direction but I don’t know anything about the buoys but didn’t the news have a short story about a meteor the size of a box truck making a close approach within 22,000 miles of earth or something like that

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Wish I point you in the right direction but I don’t know anything about the buoys but didn’t the news have a short story about a meteor the size of a box truck making a close approach within 22,000 miles of earth or something like that
    Yeah a buddy texted and we talked about that. I didn't see the report but he did. It makes sense that this may be a meteorite tho. There'd be a boom of when it hits, and two booms later they say of the sonic boom it made coming in. I'm thinking it may have hit the mobile bay possibly. That would explain why no one seen it or property damage not being seen. If so a buoy there should have a record of it hitting. It's part of why I'm trying to find a way to see thier data.
    Thanks

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I seemed to be very close to the epicenter. It wasn't just a single boom. It was 3-4 huge waves with a low roaring rumble in between. To me it felt like it came east to west from the mobile bay area/Fairhope side of me.
    I went to Google last night before bed to see if any reports was made about it. The first page that popped up was volcanodiscovery.com
    They had a good list already there of all the reports people made already. Judging by those I in fact do seem to be very close to where it came from. All accounts closest to foley seemed to be worse details. Seems like the mutilate waves kinda turned into either one big wave or one smaller wave by the time it reached others further away
    I even had a rifle I had propped up on the wall earlier fall down about 2-3 mins just prior to it all. When I heard that it sounded like someone was pulling on my door trying to break in. Could have been total coincidence tho. After walking around to see who it was I came back inside.l, sat for a few mins then yeah all that happened.
    It happened at about exactly 11:02 my time. Soon as it happened I texted my folks in Lillian to see if they would feel it soon is how I know, that shows as 11:04 on my texts. So it ended around 11:03ish.
    Right about the time you provide I was in Orange Beach and saw two F16s heading east along the coast do a 180 and head west.

Tige

Who/where (born visible, identify as Trans-parent)
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mea Culpa.
    I had Mexican food with lots of beans and salsa.
    You can expect more “loud booms” in the future

Top Bottom