• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pig Farm Gun Range on Road 87. In Robertsdale AL. I live on the west side of Pensacola and it actually is the closest range to my home. (By a couple of miles.) They have a 300 yard rifle range. Plus plenty of pistol ranges. The owner Shane said he is a member of the forum. But forgot his pass word. Sent two emails asking how to reset. No response. I went over the week end. Only $10. He is open Wednesday thru Sunday. Opens at 9:00am. The only negative is the road going in is more of a two track. Better have a truck or SUV.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That will be great. I'm sure that there are some people missing their shooting more than others.
    I still do not understand why some ranges closed. Given the proper leadership a RSO could control the 8 people gathering at the same bench,thing.
    I have been by there about 10-12 times since they have been closed. There is always some kind of maintance type activity going on. But the gate has been closed with the "CLOSED TODAY" sign on it. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great to hear,and I will surely try to forget the PRPC poo-poo'ers.
    Have fun at your club guys. BE PREPARED to have a critical finger wagged at you by the RSO/management.
    And - - -> 3 days a week ??? Who sets the rules for "a limited basis ???
    Will this be a stand in line deal (social distanceing ??) Will you be limited to 30 shots,50,74 ?? Hurry up . . . your clock has started !!
    You should probably call before you drive from afar. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Have fun at your club guys. BE PREPARED to have a critical finger wagged at you by the RSO/management.
    Will this be a stand in line deal (social distanceing ??) Will you be limited to 30 shots,50,74 ?? Hurry up . . . your clock has started !!
    The rules of ERGC/ERML are set by the board that run the gun club portion of it. The land is actually owned by the other board that is called the ERML. They have different tax status with the IRS. One got the land from the county and basically the other runs the range.
    The PRPC rules of operation are determined also by its board of directors and at one time there were rules about how late one could use the range. I looked and do not see it on the current rules. I was told by the former president that Sandy O'Neil and her former significant other were originally at the PRPC and tried to use the facilities for teaching classes for profit. Not allowed there and they got quickly put out of the club. The board decided and there was no membership vote needed.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was beautiful morning.
    Just a few people at the PRPC club this morning. I had the pistol range to myself. There were maybe one or two shooting on the plinking range. And few more maybe elsewhere including some doing maintenance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got a long email from ERGC and all members should read it. It seems for a while they will be waiving guest fees. One of their concerns was illness vs their RSO staff. There is also an election due that was supposed to have been this month. Candidates are needed for some positions.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    WHAT ?? You mean if a member brings a guest to ERGC there is a fee ?? Who pays . . the member or the guest ?? How much is the fee ??
    Never heard of that. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WHAT ?? You mean if a member brings a guest to ERGC there is a fee ?? Who pays . . the member or the guest ?? How much is the fee ??
    Never heard of that. --- SAWMAN
    If you bring a guest a fee is charged for him, her, it. You are supposed to bring your own target stands

PRPC, while there is no guest fee, you are supposed to have your guest fill out a waiver and put your key number on it and leave it in the box for Capt Bob, the membership secretary. I suspect many do not do that.
    From ergc email
    We will waive all guest fees and have target stands accessible on the ranges.

Last edited:

Plinker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GREAT!
    Time at the ERGC range today!!!!!
    Plenty of folks were there but looked like everyone had a bay to shoot from.

Rick, the RSO today was good natured and doing his job.
    Wanted everyone to have a good time which I most certainly did.

Shot all 4 of my .45acp’s ( 2 1911’s, a G21 and that funky S&W Governor/ moon clips) today and for sure need more practice......

LeeB

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I shot at ERGC today and had a blast shooting steel and paper with my PCC. Great place to shoot and great people!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Really glad that it is available for those that want to shoot.
    Now go practice until you get as good as me. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom