• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What makes for your favorite sidearm? Nostalgia, Heirloom, Practical size-weight, reliability, or Stopping Power? What is "The One" go to sidearm that is your favorite? Or does it have to be the go to be your favorite?

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My go-to for competition is not my go-to for carry, and my favorite carry based on performance and size isn’t my go-to for carry because I am issued a carry gun that I carry instead.

My favorite to look at is different from all of the above.

Favorite competition gun STI/Staccato Edge in .40
    Favorite carry CZ75 Compact
    Actual carry Glock 43x or 17 depending on costume of the day.
    Favorite to look at Colt Single Action Army or early revolvers with the tapering barrel and half moon sight.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Favorite competition gun:
    Pistol: S&W SW22 Victory, Rifle: Highly modified Ruger 10/22
    Favorite carry M&P 40 Shield
    When I had to carry for work: M1911
    Favorite to look at: Ruger Super Blackhawk

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My hands favorite sidearm is a 1911, it allows me to fall back asleep once something has gone bump in the night. Currently a SS S&W E-Series. My duty belt favorite is the Glock 21SF, 13 rounds of .45 ACP in each mag, consistent Trigger, glow in the dark sights, total reliability, and it ain't all that heavy on the hip. My favorite hunting backup is is a .44 Mag revolver, currently a SS Model 69 L-Frame. Which falls in line with my eyes favorites which are SS Wesson Revolvers with exotic eye pleasing grips. My pockets favorite is in flux, for decades the Walter PPKS accompanied me. Currently the Springfield Hellcat rides in my pocket and the PPKS is in danger of getting listed on the sidearms for sale page. With too many competitions to list, each Competition has a favorite based mostly on time/score, but as a favorite for competition those versatile Old Dan Wesson Revolvers in .22LR, .357 Mag, and .44 Mag with their variable length barrels, constant tension, precision barrel to cylinder gap, and rapid sight change have earned their way into my trophy case and heart. YMMV. I debated posting photos, but they have all made the pages on this forum previously, and since I can't determine which one is my favorite-Favorite, I can't determine the Winner. Do Y'all have a Winning Favorite of your favorites?

Last edited:

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    favorites are hard to define... most cherished? 1982 Hi-power that belonged to a dear friend. favorite all around? my G45. favorite carry? G48. favorite recent purchase? my Beretta 1301 tactical. pretty much anything in my safe is a favorite!

Latest posts

Top Bottom