DK Firearms

What is your workout routine? Do you take supplements/vitamins?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Curious what fellow members are doing to stay fit. I set up a home gym with treadmill, bench/squat rack/pull up bar, dumbbells, heavy bag, and speed bag. Lost 42 pounds with maybe 10 to go but super happy at current weight of 185. When I was younger I had to be about 160 to be in a shape I was happy with. My doctor put me on TRT six months ago and it has been an amazing change. Supplements and vitamins are protein powder, BCAAs, L-Glutamine, HMB, multivitamin, digestive enzymes, lysine, and bee pollen. Run/walk every day, lift three days, hit the bags two, then reverse it the next week, and I take the weekends off. Five feet nine inches tall here. You?

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    M60-if you'd cut back on some of those good groceries you post on the eat thread you wouldn't have to work out out this much! :D
    I work out too.......out of town. I take all the vitamins D3, Zinc, C, etc. that they tell you to take to keep the Covid off. 5'10" @ 250.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Bicep curls with dumbells - 25 lbs., about 1000 reps each day
    crunches - about 1500 each day
    Tricep push downs - 155 lbs., 200 reps (sometimes more) per day
    Bike ride - 5 miles per day, 20 min. elapse time
    Pickleball - Mondays and Thursdays
    When the weather is cooler, I walk 3 miles per day (35 min. elapsed time)

7 years ago, I weighed 290 lbs. and nearly lost my life because I was so heavy. Over the course of 14 months, I lost 120 lbs. and got down to 165 lbs. I was skinny. Over the past 2 years, I finally started putting on muscle I lost. I am now a very healthy 190 lbs. by exercising daily and eating right. I take no vitamins or supplements and no meds whatsoever. At 60 years of age, I am pretty darn healthy.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have a BowFlex M3 Max Trainer I work out on. I use to run a lot but unfortunately knee surgery on my right knee ended my long distance running.

On my trainer, I'm at 40 minutes and burning 540 calories. I'm down 32 pounds from three months ago.

I'd like to drop 5-8 more then level out. Eating better and portion control have been equally important.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    M60-if you'd cut back on some of those good groceries you post on the eat thread you wouldn't have to work out out this much! :D
    I work out too.......out of town. I take all the vitamins D3, Zinc, C, etc. that they tell you to take to keep the Covid off. 5'10" @ 250.
    Yeah but I can no longer afford it

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a BowFlex M3 Max Trainer I work out on. I use to run a lot but unfortunately knee surgery on my right knee ended my long distance running.

On my trainer, I'm at 40 minutes and burning 540 calories. I'm down 32 pounds from three months ago.

I'd like to drop 5-8 more then level out. Eating better and portion control have been equally important.
    Nice work sir. Had a partial ACL tear myself and as you know once your mobility is compromised the stakes go way up.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    P
    Bicep curls with dumbells - 25 lbs., about 1000 reps each day
    crunches - about 1500 each day
    Tricep push downs - 155 lbs., 200 reps (sometimes more) per day
    Bike ride - 5 miles per day, 20 min. elapse time
    Pickleball - Mondays and Thursdays
    When the weather is cooler, I walk 3 miles per day (35 min. elapsed time)

7 years ago, I weighed 290 lbs. and nearly lost my life because I was so heavy. Over the course of 14 months, I lost 120 lbs. and got down to 165 lbs. I was skinny. Over the past 2 years, I finally started putting on muscle I lost. I am now a very healthy 190 lbs. by exercising daily and eating right. I take no vitamins or supplements and no meds whatsoever. At 60 years of age, I am pretty darn healthy.
    very impressive sir!

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I made time to work out. I eat like crap, take vit D3 and C, sit 8 hours for my job, tend to my kids after work. Most workout I get is mental at my job or when hunting season comes around. 5’6” 170lbs most wouldn’t say I was fat, wouldn’t say I was skinny or healthy either.

I tested positive for covid while sick 2 times once in 2020 and once earlier this year. I have noticed that my endurance (blood/oxy level) has decreased substantially and my heart rate when active is higher. Not sure if that is covid related or getting older. I’m only 31 though with no health issues.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I wish I made time to work out. I eat like crap, take vit D3 and C, sit 8 hours for my job, tend to my kids after work. Most workout I get is mental at my job or when hunting season comes around. 5’6” 170lbs most wouldn’t say I was fat, wouldn’t say I was skinny or healthy either.

I tested positive for covid while sick 2 times once in 2020 and once earlier this year. I have noticed that my endurance (blood/oxy level) has decreased substantially and my heart rate when active is higher. Not sure if that is covid related or getting older. I’m only 31 though with no health issues
    Yes sir one of the hardest parts was taking my ass to bed and getting proper sleep. My military experience helped me with the getting up early to workout before doing anything else. I have noticed working out early when your testosterone is high really makes quite a difference.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom