• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ruger MKIII comp slab side barrel fiber optic sights for my old eyes will shoot a knats eye out at 25 yds.

Arby

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My carry .22 while hunting is either my MK1 or the Buckmark.
    But my favorite to shoot is this: S&W 22A
    1679526007314.png

I would sure like to try a Model 41 some day

Last edited:

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I was a big fan of the Ruger Mk series, but after getting my wife the Sig P322, that thing is just fun. It's accurate, will feed just about anything (including subsonics as long as you don't fill the mag beyond halfway). It's just a super fun, reliable, and accurate plinker with 20 round mags.

TGuns1451

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New favorite, P17 with Romeo zero. Lots of fun. 17 rds worth! View attachment 216148
    I was waiting for you to give our Kel Tec's a shout out. Never had the browning but have had the ruger MK and shot the smiths. I'll take this piece of plastic and flat bar stock slide any day. It's more accurate then I'm capable of and was $220 bucks

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Beretta 87BB is my favorite, an older mid-80s build before the pistols are tattooed with "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT" warnings.

Also like the Ruger MKIIs. I have a G44 and S&W MP22C; they are ok but cheap guns.

BraggArmySgt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    New favorite, P17 with Romeo zero. Lots of fun. 17 rds worth! View attachment 216148
    I had to have a P17, they were out of stock everywhere and people were trying to gouge $450 out of a $189 gun. Bday comes, I'm in the VA hospital still, I get a black one from the wife. Couple days later, parents show up to my room with an OD green one. I get home, deck out the green one with red dot, trigger, light and comp. Never fired them. I score 2 SIG P322s when introduced. Get rid of(gave away)the p17s. Test fire the 1st p322, FTFd, FTFr and light strikes. Grab other mags, same problems. Get P322 #2, fire first mag of 6 rds no issues. Throw 2nd mag in, fires 1st round, then nothing. I don't look at it because it just seems these were not meant to be. I waited for the 3rd gen of the p17 for issues to get ironed out, never used them.Get the 1st gen P322 against my better judgement and boom(not really).

Fast forward a few months and SIG is replacing the 1st with new, replaced the mag(ended up being the one I got from a member on Sigtall "NIB") and even replaced an old Mosquito with a new P322 because they didn't have a new slide(mine was in 3 pieces). These have become my favorite 22 as technology has just made it so easy to use and add gadgets to like the big boys, even have personal defense ammo making a good backup or primary for others with special needs. As I progress with health issues of my own making the old saying of mine, "steel is real".

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I had to have a P17, they were out of stock everywhere and people were trying to gouge $450 out of a $189 gun. Bday comes, I'm in the VA hospital still, I get a black one from the wife. Couple days later, parents show up to my room with an OD green one. I get home, deck out the green one with red dot, trigger, light and comp. Never fired them. I score 2 SIG P322s when introduced. Get rid of(gave away)the p17s. Test fire the 1st p322, FTFd, FTFr and light strikes. Grab other mags, same problems. Get P322 #2, fire first mag of 6 rds no issues. Throw 2nd mag in, fires 1st round, then nothing. I don't look at it because it just seems these were not meant to be. I waited for the 3rd gen of the p17 for issues to get ironed out, never used them.Get the 1st gen P322 against my better judgement and boom(not really).

Fast forward a few months and SIG is replacing the 1st with new, replaced the mag(ended up being the one I got from a member on Sigtall "NIB") and even replaced an old Mosquito with a new P322 because they didn't have a new slide(mine was in 3 pieces). These have become my favorite 22 as technology has just made it so easy to use and add gadgets to like the big boys, even have personal defense ammo making a good backup or primary for others with special needs. As I progress with health issues of my own making the old saying of mine, "steel is real".
    Shame you didn't try the P17's. I've really enjoyed mine. With the Romeo zero optic mounted you have to use faster better ammo though.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I would have to say the Family of Browning challenger Pistols are my all time favorite, (The family consisting of the medalist the challenger and the nomad.) John Browning design the old colt woodsman, His grandson Bruce Browning design the challenger. It is essentially a Modern version of the woodsman. All pistols in this family share the same frame. The least expensive is just as accurate as the most expensive, The more expensive models Have Embellishments that Makes it easier for you to achieve that accuracy. Barrels are interchangeable and it only takes a minute. Some of the early nomads had aluminum frames making them very light.( bottom pistol) The pistol to the far left is a Colt woodsman

I agree 100% I love my Chalenger and my Medlist also like my old Rugers “the 3 screwed single action ones” for EDC around the farm it’s either one of my souped up Mark II’s or a beater “Single Six”

RedcedarHunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anybody tried the FN 502 Tactical yet? Debating picking one up….seems like it would be a fun plinker (assuming it’s reliable). In the meantime I love my Ruger Mk4 22/45 Tactical.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I bought this S&W Model 422 for my wife after we had bad luck with a Sig Mosquito. The 422 shoots great and is the perfect pistol for her (she is not a 'gun person' and dislikes shooting anything larger than a .22)
    S&W-422-small-masked.jpg

Top Bottom