• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That area many years ago was warehouses and such and now becoming a tourist area and near some very high end apartments and major tourist areas of chicago. I doubt that the thugs lived anywhere close by. But punks on bicycles can cover some distance.
    1596147640958.png

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    We were there a few years back, restaurants were outrageous and a pack of cigs was almost 13$

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That area many years ago was warehouses and such and now becoming a tourist area and near some very high end apartments and major tourist areas of chicago. I doubt that the thugs lived anywhere close by. But punks on bicycles can cover some distance.
    View attachment 88745

About this time last year I made the walk from Navy Pier to the River North area thru Streeterville. It's a lovely walk with the view of the lake the behind you the whole way.

@M60Gunner the restaurants prices are whatever you want them to be. You can eat for $10 or $100, and be happy either way. TripAdvisor is your friend. Also, whenever traveling outside of the south bring your tobacco with you. I always brought a carton of Reds to Chicago with me from Alabama when I smoked. Now I bring 2 logs of Copenhagen with me. Any northern area, especially large cities are gonna have big tobacco taxes. Just part of it. But the food, booze, and baseball are worth it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    About this time last year I made the walk from Navy Pier to the River North area thru Streeterville. It's a lovely walk with the view of the lake the behind you the whole way.

@M60Gunner the restaurants prices are whatever you want them to be. You can eat for $10 or $100, and be happy either way. TripAdvisor is your friend. Also, whenever traveling outside of the south bring your tobacco with you. I always brought a carton of Reds to Chicago with me from Alabama when I smoked. Now I bring 2 logs of Copenhagen with me. Any northern area, especially large cities are gonna have big tobacco taxes. Just part of it. But the food, booze, and baseball are worth it.
    Chicago last time I heard still had two major league baseball teams if that is your thing. Years ago the major tourists that one saw were sailor on leave from great lakes. Of course the Japanese tour groups were there. They have nice boat rides on the chicago river and magnificent parks.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chicago last time I heard still had two major league baseball teams if that is your thing. Years ago the major tourists that one saw were sailor on leave from great lakes. Of course the Japanese tour groups were there. They have nice boat rides on the chicago river and magnificent parks.

Well I know they have the Cubs up in Wrigleyville. If there is another team, I'm not sure who they are or where they play!!! The architecture tours on the river are fantastic. I highly recommend Wendella. I usually end up repeating them everytime I go. Although it's a small zoo, how many cities have a zoo as a free public park! I agree, many magnificent parks.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    When I was there we couldnt eat at McDonalds for less than 20$. I don't smoke we just priced several items since we could not believe how expensive everything was there.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I know they have the Cubs up in Wrigleyville. If there is another team, I'm not sure who they are or where they play!!! The architecture tours on the river are fantastic. I highly recommend Wendella. I usually end up repeating them everytime I go. Although it's a small zoo, how many cities have a zoo as a free public park! I agree, many magnificent parks.
    The big zoo is in the suburbs and called brookfield and I assume it is still there. I think the zoo you saw was the Lincoln park zoo that on the lake in the near northern part of chicago.

1596430366777.png

Top Bottom