• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This used to be an awesome site full of gun enthusiasts who were respectable adults.

Now it seems everyone is a flake, no one able to figure out how to read an ad, let alone how to negotiate a deal….

Sad

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "Everyone" seems overly broad. I mean I get if you post "NO TRADES, $300" and someone pm's you "hey will you trade for..." it's annoying. But it cuts both ways, I mean I've had a seller basically call me a d!ck because I pointed out that their asking price was full retail on Bud's, Cabela's, etc. And if someone says "I'll offer 150 for that $300 listing" I'd just ignore them, but I've gotten hard brush offs just asking for 10% off asking price. But I don't push it. YMMV.

Fng1911

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I’m not an OG member, but I’ve met plenty of fantastic people during my transactions. I understand where you’re coming from but I like this forum and the people that are on it and I’m sorry you’re experiencing bad company. Have you dealt with FB Market place :p. There are certain people I trust and there are the unknowns. But at least the spam is kept to a very minimum, if any.
    The economy is in shambles, 3 letter agencies have free rain and the country is in debt. This forum is the only good I have to do on my phone ;)

It’s like a relationship, Maybe next week will be a better week. Best of luck and hope to see your post in the future

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I don't know what negative experiences may have caused the OP to make his post, but I can't agree that we are all flakes. I have met some great people on this forum and have completed numerous successful transactions. I'll admit that I've had some less than productive contacts while trying to sell some items, but I try to take them in stride and move on.

I tend to write lengthy descriptions/terms on sale items, and I don't think some folks bother to read it all, so I've received reduced offers on firm price items and trade offers even if I said no trades...no biggie. As far as 'over priced' items, my best advise (as if anyone is asking) is, if the price states 'firm', just move on. Personally, I don't particularly care for someone telling me he can get the same item I'm selling for x amount at x location, but if he does, I politely tell him he should go to x and get it. I price my items where I need to be, and most have sold...if they don't sell (and some don't), the world keeps turning.

Just my personal opinions...thanks for reading, if anyone does.

Hatch

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea, seems that the regular posters are alright - its just the sale threads that are killing me. Ive wasted a lot of time on time wasters lately - years ago when I lived here before, I could buy/sell pretty much anything in a few days.
    But yea shit economy does play a factor I guess.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’m not an OG member, but I’ve met plenty of fantastic people during my transactions. I understand where you’re coming from but I like this forum and the people that are on it and I’m sorry you’re experiencing bad company. Have you dealt with FB Market place :p. There are certain people I trust and there are the unknowns. But at least the spam is kept to a very minimum, if any.
    The economy is in shambles, 3 letter agencies have free rain and the country is in debt. This forum is the only good I have to do on my phone ;)

It’s like a relationship, Maybe next week will be a better week. Best of luck and hope to see your post in the future
    Facebook Market Place has become full of scammers. I find selling here a lot easier and you're less likely to have someone trying to scam you here.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    *shrugs* there's always ARFCOM...
    BARFCOM???

BAHAHAHAH, that place is a loony bin, but is funny if you are into stirring the pot.

I will say in general all firearm boards seem to be having these kinds of issues. Some of it's the economy (from a sales standpoint, it's a buyers market if they have the money), some of it is many new gun owners looking for information maybe.

And some of it is conspiracy people who can't accept that the 2020 election will never be changed and they are shortening their lives yelling at clouds and doing 8-balls of AM Talk Radio and Foxnews. The whole game is rigged, so don't worry about it so much.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I say that in sarcasm. I understand the tone has changed similar to the culture in general. This has been a relatively small forum outside of the sales and will probably continue as such. There's still quality info shared as well.
    I agree. I read on here a lot. I post when I feel I can ad. I've tried a few listings. I will make a contribution again this year because I like the tone of the posts I choose to read. Coming from a 75 y.o. dude.
    Be safe guys.

Reactions: FLT
    Top Bottom