• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Finished cleaning up my dad's old SKS. He bought it right before the assault weapons ban and put this miserable bubba folding stock on it, and never once fired it. Not a part matches, but its clean and the action is gorgeously smooth. Trigger is appalling, but I have this as a momento more than a shooter!

Attachments

• 20210227_224421.jpg
      20210227_224421.jpg
      3 MB · Views: 74

Rockola2004

Old Soul Gun Enthusiast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually yesterday, I took out my late mother's Iver Johnson Cadet 38 S&W snubby and put 15 or so through it. Its been in my possession since she passed over 12 years ago but I had never fired it. The old thing shot pretty good but its definitely a close, close range piece.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to the PCB Gun Show Sunday. Light crowd from 12:30PM on. Haggled on a Colt SAA but he valued it more than I liked it.

New holster guy forming minimalist kydex IWB/OWB rigs, his one size fits all face plate blanks are printed with probably over a hundred color pictures/designs: POW, Service Brancers, Rosie the riveter, 2A ect. Attaching hardware is extra. He does have some gun molds but take your gun for a sure fit and tension. Didn't catch the vendor name and he wasn't at our Show two months ago, so IDK if he will pop up at a show near you. I did a google search and didnt find anybody with the image variety or printed kydex flat panel with the same outline.

Gun prices seem stable at the current highs ammo higher than last Show two months ago. Ammo was everywhere, tons of it seveal displays tall/wide /deep: Saw hand trucks full repeatedly going out the side door starting at 3:30PM, rich buyer? Lol. Even the multi table sword and knife guy was trying to sell ammo. Saw several people buying a few boxes. The one CZ Shadow2 was well above $1800, Wranglers steady at $249.

Turkish import shotguns in high numbers but didn't see the Panzer Bene M4 clone that's getting popular, possibly, sold out Sat. The Turkish Tisas GI 1911 clones were also common and nice guns but I think markings like MODELA1 1911 U.S.ARMY is printed not engraved. This through me off as privious pics clearly show it engraved. It feels slighty raised as you would expect print on a smooth surface to feel. Still, hammer forged barrel, forged slide/frame and just under $500 in current market is pretty good for a working nostalgia 1911 but I'd find an "engraved" one not a painted slide markings.

Since I still haven't layed hands on a Stribog. I tried the CZ Scorpion evo3 again but that invasive safety into my grip zone sucks. Not my top pick, I have no desire to cut/grind or try after market that rides in that same axis. The very angled pistol grip and its high (hand web) arch puts me hard against the safety.

With the exception of AR erector set parts and M1A parts, it appears the smaller hobbyist parts and pieces guys are almost extinct. Could be the cost to set up exceeds what selling profit they're likely to net.

TAXES! New to this Show was the required "Display" of a printed form Stating that the Seller Collects "Taxes"! Private sellers were pissed in one sentance and laughing about it in the next. I think I overheard they had to sign a paper too. IDK for sure.. Anybody else see collecting and forwarding collected taxes on gun, ammo and related products as a identifer tha could mean they are in "the Business for Profit ? I know a major firearm platform Ad Listing Webb Site recently started requiring "Taxes Too. I don't know who provided/mandated the form: the Venue Owner (LakeTown Wharf) or the Gun Show Venue Organizer. So even if you sell it for what you have in it or for a loss, YOU still need to collect and forward taxes!

I finally remembered to ask the "Hand Stamper" to just give me a light BLOB. He was nice and I got a tiny green "K" indtead of the yery wet, whole framed KNIFE Stamp that ends up with green smears on both hands, shirt and top of pockets. YMMV.

Last edited:

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mailed out 3 Swiss Army collar patches that matched the soldier's tags found in K31's. 1 Sapper, 1 Fusilier, and 1 Food Catering Unit. 1 sent to Texas, 1 to Georgia, and 1 sent to Ontario Canada. A rifle that was issued to a Sapper and one issued to a Fusilier (infantry rifleman), that would seem more common, but I would think to find a rifle issued to a member of a Food Service Unit would be a bit scarcer. Made some Swiss rifle owners happy.

Edited to add: For those who wonder what this is about...

The Swiss officer that was issued the P49 pistol I now own sent me 40 some Swiss military uniform patches so I would have patches that matched the soldier's tags in my Swiss military firearms. Example: My K11 was issued to a Destruction Detachment soldier, and I now that the uniform collar patch that identifies a soldier with a Destruction unit (destroy bridges, etc in case of invasion). Example: My K31was issued to an Air Force radio operator, and I have the matching collar patch. And, of course, I have the officer's maintenance specialty collar patches and his shoulder rank and unit identifiers. Anyway, the idea was he'd send patches as a gift, and I, in turn, would give patches to owners that matched their soldier tags found in their Swiss rifles. To that end I've used access to the Swiss Army uniform manuals to ID every patch.

A few more unusual patches in the batch was a bicyclist (light troops, carried a rifle), a pontoon builder (engineer), and a water alarm soldier (territorial services, older soldier).

Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My older thermal unit stopped working (stays stuck on the startup screen and no buttons work). Got a RMA and am mailing it back to the factory for evaluation and repair. Don't know if a thermal wears out, but I've went through at least over 100 sets of batteries in it over the years. Long out of warrantee, I'll see what happens. $75 for evaluation to see what's wrong. $95 labor per hour for repairs.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got a .44 mag carbine! Ruger deer slayer. Haven't looked it up for the date yet. 1980 by #. Tube fed.
    Didn't realize what I got. Holy cats!! Same size as the 10-22. 2000 fps. @ barrel. Designed for 240gr jacketed sp. :)

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Didn't realize what I got. Holy cats!! Same size as the 10-22. 2000 fps. @ barrel. Designed for 240gr jacketed sp. :)
    When I was looking for a rifle to match my S&W 29, It came down to the Ruger and Browning B-92 which won out. The are pretty rare, I hadn't seen another Dearslayer until the Jan/21 PCB gun show, a guy was walking around, trying to sell it. It might be yours now, Lol. Let us know how it runs.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got grips in for a pocket pistol. Great price, and company seems to specialize in hard to find guns so wanted to share a link. I bought off of Ebay where they have an account.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cast 44 special/magnum bullets today. Mailed out a Swiss Army collar patch to Australia and another to California that matched soldier tags. 1 designated a soldier in an anti aircraft battery. 1 for a soldier that delivered mail.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Checked out a few things at GreyMan today. Overheard the owner exclaim that like 90 people have bought Class3 items thru him since he's gotten started, so in the last year or so. Wow. And that's just his little Class3 FFL. There's still half a dozen Jay's locations and several others selling Class3 items. There's going to be a lot to go around after TEOTWAWKI. Makes the scenes from the movie "Daylight's End" where everybody and their brother has full autos and silencers just a little bit more believable.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Organization day for me.
    Did magazine (and partial ammo) inventory a few weeks ago. I ended up ordering mags to keep my inventory at "happier" levels. They've been coming in, and I've been throwing them in a big box.
    The new mags, and old mags all piled in boxes, the new stuff still in the wrapper. Ammo everywhere, some in proper cans but not marked. Little boxes, big boxes, open boxes, loose on the bench, on the floor, in range bags, in range cases... Hey, a couple boxes of x39 hp I didn't know i had... so then i started loading the small boxes in ammo cans and labeling them. Then i questioned why should I have a box or can of ammo and a separate box of empty mags? So i decided to load some empty mags. Started with 223 then x39. Wow, those metal mag lips are sharp! I soon discovered the metal mags stack a lot better than plastic mags. Got bored (tired), and found a case of 30 carbine and a stash of mags in a box and proceded to load those. My thumbs were already sore, but I was determined to make progress. Ouch! M1 thumb has to hurt just as bad a Garand thumb, seriously.... gave up and loaded the ammo and mags in a can and labeled it. Then i got lazier and started loading cans with boxed ammo and topped the can off with (gasp) empty mags. Of course a proper label was attached listing the contents. Since i gave my thumbs a rest, I decided to load 45acp mags. Yeah right- (sigh) I really struggled getting the mags to swallow that cow pill. I will say in my defense, (here come the excuses) that I spent half the day on my bike. My 800+ pound bike and 40 year old clutch (and older arms) were already spent before I started "organizing".... now where did I put all those mag loaders I never use...

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been checking on gun inventories around and about and happened up on these. For you guys out there that want a quality 22lr bolt gun check these out. Gold Mine Pawn in Daphne Al has a CZ 457 MTR match and Scott’s in Jay has a Christensen Arms Ranger. (Gold Mine has a pic on their facebook page.

Top Bottom