• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Yesterday
    Got my holsters order in from Bravoconcealment
    Prepped and sized 9mm and 38 super brass. And got order of srp in on sunday. Work tonight.

Tomorrow probably review load development from testing ran on saturday and see where I can get better function with some.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Spent an hour looking for new grips for my blackhawk. I get that it's grip is designed for your pinky to hang of and the grip to rock back in your hand when shooting, that it's a pistol designed for one handed shooting, but I will always prefer a full grip and will continue to shoot two handed more often than not.
    I'm leaning towards the hogue grip, but damn I don't know that I want to put rubber grips on it. It's a stainless gun so it's not as bad as putting rubber on a blued gun, but still ugly.
    Shootability is key, but I would at least like it to not look like a complete eyesore.
    Those of you with more experience than I have with SAA style pistols, got any recommendations?
    The gun is accurate and fun to shoot, but the grip is just a little lacking and could be better.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Make some? Trace grip and then make oversize grips as you desire them. Pick your wood. Hone your skills on cheaper common wood then you can get int exoitc like Purpleheart and already have a pattern. You could do a clay mold of the originals and mod the mold larger/longer as desired. Pour with your choice of material. Drill grip screw/hardware holes, non interfering blind cross pins can be added if needed for centering/stability.

Test your wood sealers/oils on scraps before use on the final product.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Make some? Trace grip and then make oversize grips as you desire them. Pick your wood. Hone your skills on cheaper common wood then you can get int exoitc like Purpleheart and already have a pattern. You could do a clay mold of the originals and mod the mold larger/longer as desired. Pour with your choice of material. Drill grip screw/hardware holes, non interfering blind cross pins can be added if needed for centering/stability.

Test your wood sealers/oils on scraps before use on the final product.

I've been thinking the same thing. I've got some mahogany and sapele from where I built the library/office in my house earlier this year, and I've got a bit of maple though sadly no walnut or cherry left over from some cutting boards and jewelry boxes I made as gifts last holiday season. I have a few dogwood pieces I've got drying for turning blanks on my lathe, might even have some osage orange as well if I look hard enough. I'm confident I could make a set of grips that looked nice and fit the hand, but not sure I would do them justice with texturing for grip. Never tried doing checkering on anything.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Put new grips on my Blackhawk. Hogue monogrip. Not sure I like them or not though. I'll probably end up making a set.
    1f4c6512b95e5c0090b9c6024cbaaeb9.jpg

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good talking to you today. I've got 2 or 3 different grips, ill get up with you next week you can test em.
    Good talking to you too man. Sounds like a plan. Can't decide whether I'm gonna get a cross draw or regular hip holster for it, with the long barrel thinking a cross draw would be better for camping and hunting as long as it stays in place.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Good talking to you too man. Sounds like a plan. Can't decide whether I'm gonna get a cross draw or regular hip holster for it, with the long barrel thinking a cross draw would be better for camping and hunting as long as it stays in place.

I've got one of both. Test drive them too. Ya need a good belt with them. Not a nylon tactical one, a real leather one, stiffer the better.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'll keep that in mind

Top Bottom