• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Does it use 9mm 1911 mags or its own mag?
    It uses these weird proprietary magazines that have a base plate extension sticking out the right side and a push button on the left. Not too bad with a little practice. Came with three of them; 2 factory and 1 homemade of unknown origin. Will be fun figuring out what may they used to make the homemade one,
    looks like a P38.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well this is underwhelming but I changed out all the springs in a Gen 3 Glock 19 that I picked up recently. Believe it or not it was the first time I’d fully detail stripped a Glock. Easy peasy.

Also swapped out a Gen 4 ejector for the stock one while I was in there. Pretty much ready to call myself a gunsmith and open a custom shop I think. Lol.

Then I can get famous by leaking an inappropriate video, then... profit. Carry on gang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's an idea from a forum. The "what gun stuff did you do today" thread. We could make it a sticky if it' gets popular (enough). It's just a place to to go and yap about Anything or Everything. This may have been a better idea when there was NO ammo to be had.....but......

I went to my local store on base to see if they had anything new and wound up getting the OTIS "B.O.N.E." tool. I'm a gadgety kind of dude and the BONE tool looks useful enough. Figured for $21 I'd give it a try. So, now I need to take my AR out and dirty it up.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Built my first AR from a stripped lower
    5fb94ab0d01513c523dc33d99a2aa6fb.jpg

Bought the upper off Timber71
    It was a pleasure talking with you.
    Only thing missing is a BCG if anyone knows of a decent deal on one, lmk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    2 month old order from Optics Planet finally showed up today. Shield Arms +5 mag extension for the P-07. Came same day as week-old front tritium sight order from Night Fision. So... I got to install both. It's the little things. Now I got 20 rounds for a knife wielder AT NIGHT!

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My daughter found her new favorite gun to shoot. A S&W 1917. I wanted her to get experience with a revolver. It's got huge grips, so didn't expect she'd like it as much as other guns, but I was wrong. She must have been a cowboy/cowgirl in a past life or something. Her favorite guns to shoot aren't the typical autos. She loves this old Winchester lever .22 and now the 1917 revolver. Guess I'll have to start reloading .45 now.
    a610741941d60ff0855cb641b3f797d5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter found her new favorite gun to shoot. A S&W 1917. I wanted her to get experience with a revolver. It's got huge grips, so didn't expect she'd like it as much as other guns, but I was wrong. She must have been a cowboy/cowgirl in a past life or something. Her favorite guns to shoot aren't the typical autos. She loves this old Winchester lever .22 and now the 1917 revolver. Guess I'll have to start reloading .45 now.

You should know by now to expected the unexpected from a redhead. Well done, Dad!

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been buying the Federal bulk-pack (100 rounds) 12ga, 7 1/2 loads from Wal-Mart lately, they are running $19 and change. I've really got an itch to start doing more scatter gun work so these packs are not a bad economical alternative to AR work. That's what? $200 per 1K?

A lot of repetitions with a pump gun LOL. Speed loads from the side saddle and butt-stock cuff, rolling thunder drill, etc. cheaper blasting fun vs. other platforms right now.

I picked up three more packs today.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I've been buying the Federal bulk-pack (100 rounds) 12ga, 7 1/2 loads from Wal-Mart lately, they are running $19 and change. I've really got an itch to start doing more scatter gun work so these packs are not a bad economical alternative to AR work. That's what? $200 per 1K?

A lot of repetitions with a pump gun LOL. Speed loads from the side saddle and butt-stock cuff, rolling thunder drill, etc. cheaper blasting fun vs. other platforms right now.

I picked up three more packs today.

In my experience the Federals shoot cleaner than the Winchesters. Good choice..

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    a610741941d60ff0855cb641b3f797d5.jpg

Is that the cannon that uses moon clips? Saw a flat black one for sale awhile back. I've got a webley top break and love it.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Is that the cannon that uses moon clips? Saw a flat black one for sale awhile back. I've got a webley top break and love it.
    Yeah. I picked up a 5 pack of moon clips from Brownells. Kinda wish I'd gotten the half moon ones though. They're easier to load and unload. Also, you can use .45 auto rim without the clips.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Yep! You might want to read up on the rated pressures on the weapon. The webley was rated for 17k +/- and most .45 acp is 21k. My understanding. Seems like the modern cartridges have more zip. I have some lead .45 acp loaded to the orginal spec to shoot out of the old gun, would not want to damage a 100 year old heirloom.

** also get the loading tool. Its worth it.
    And pick up one of these to go with it. :)

Attachments

• Trench.jpg
      Trench.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 102
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I would keel over backwards and give up a limb to have a 45 caliber Webley! I saw one at Ubers once like ten years ago that had been milled for moon clips. I've had a couple of the smaller 38 Webleys and it's just not the same.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I have yet to see what these new Ruger SAA's in 45ACP can do, but the main motivation for getting them was no moon clips required for 45ACP. And well being in stainless steel didn't hurt either

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I've had a 45ACP moon clip loading tool before, for a S&W Governor about 7 or 8 years ago, and yessir, money well spent

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went searching in the bottom of a gun safe for a Spikes bare lower and found , several! I must of had these for a while , one has a single digit serial # and one has a two digit serial number . I guess I’m not only a gouger , I’m apparently a hoarder as well . Finding something you forgot you had is almost like getting something new for free.

Members online

Top Bottom