• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never could figure why people add a 3X magnifier. Why not just put a 3X sight or scope up there initially ??
    (Better still . . . a 1-4X with lighted dot.) More stuff to carry around,more stuff to fail,more stuff to buy,more stuff to install (properly).
    Another - - -> why are some end users soooooo damn worried that the 1-4X (or other) scope is REALLY a true 1X ?? Worried about parralax . . ? . . shooting 20yds. Not me.
    I would absolutely NEVER mount any part of my optical targeting system on anything but my upper rcvr. BUT . . . to each,their own. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cast 18 pounds of 8mm bullets for my Swede rolling block. The day before I cast 13 pounds of bullets for it. That would calculate at 240gr per bullet to 904 bullets cast these last 2 days. Trying to cast before the weather gets real hot. Today, weather permitting, I'll shoot some of the rejects (slight wrinkles or gas check went on crooked) to see if good enough for plinking...suspect they will be fine for that purpose).

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Never could figure why people add a 3X magnifier. Why not just put a 3X sight or scope up there initially ??
    (Better still . . . a 1-4X with lighted dot.) More stuff to carry around,more stuff to fail,more stuff to buy,more stuff to install (properly).
    Another - - -> why are some end users soooooo damn worried that the 1-4X (or other) scope is REALLY a true 1X ?? Worried about parralax . . ? . . shooting 20yds. Not me.
    I would absolutely NEVER mount any part of my optical targeting system on anything but my upper rcvr. BUT . . . to each,their own. --- SAWMAN

I just did the x3 for fun, had it figured, wth. At some point I'll just put a regular scope on it if its worthy. May just stick with the 2.5 it's very nice. For 100 yards it would be fine.
    I still have to weigh the buffer, used an h2 before and it worked good. If it needs more gas I still have the flaming pig brake.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

The optic choices (RDS, w/Magnification, LPVO) have pros and cons so intended use should drive the best applicarion. The quick down and dirty is RDS are faster and forgiving of eye allignment, LPVO are slower requiring correct eye position but more precise at distance. On identical guns, I setup one with a 2×7 BDC and another with RDS W/ 3× Tip Over mount (also QDC). Same reasoning for my choice of "Reflex" Thermal over a Scope style thermal. Link provides detailed pros/cons. I don't think there's a "wrong", just a "what's right" for you. YMMV.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check the zero on the 300BLK ruger ranch rifle today , it shoots a tight group suppressed but opens up to about a inch and half un suppressed ,the point of impact also moves up about a inch and three quarters. I guess that extra weight on the end of that skinny barrel holds it down . My Remington sps shoots to the same point of impact suppressed or unsuppressed But it has a bull barrel.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Check the zero on the 300BLK ruger ranch rifle today , it shoots a tight group suppressed but opens up to about a inch and half un suppressed ,the point of impact also moves up about a inch and three quarters. I guess that extra weight on the end of that skinny barrel holds it down . My Remington sps shoots to the same point of impact suppressed or unsuppressed But it has a bull barrel.

All my Blackouts shoot to different impact points when suppressed vs unsuppressed, more noticeable as the distance increases. Non have a heavy or bull barrel. Also, any Blackout that I intend to shoot suppressed is tested with two different suppressors to see which combination plays together the best. About 50% of the time my Ark30 shrinks the groups. About 30% of the time the Quicksand reduces the groups. Sometimes neither shrinks; sometimes one or the other enlarges the groups. It is fun testing the combinations...it helps that my neighbor has a 200yd shooting range.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Put thermal on the rolling block with rubber bands, but it moves too much from the recoil...can’t keep it sighted in.

all the pro shooters use velcro....just saying...

superglue for the heavy calibers

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Picked up this little gem today. Erma/ Iver Johnson .22 M1 made in W. Germany. Near as I can tell 85-87 make. Imported to Arkansas. 2 15rd mags. Shot it out back 10-10 on steel using the peep. Only a 100 feet. With no glasses! :) Shot win 42gr subs cycled like a champ. Some parts look gi-ish Was going to install gi heat shield on top but it's too short, so the wood stays. really needs GI sling w oiler, stock mag pouch, bayo lug and cone flash hider. Just for fun.

Very happy with the rifle. Granddaughter and nieces are gonna flip.

Attachments

• 20200527_124733.jpg
      20200527_124733.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 194

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Cast another 350 bullets for the Swedish rolling block. Gonna finish fire forming the remaining 40 8x56r brass into 8x58rd tomorrow. Fixing to do a quick check for hogs in the peanut field.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Bought some 9mm at Academy yesterday. They have a five box limit, doesn't matter how many rounds are in the box, just five boxes is all you can buy. It's pretty cool when each box holds five hundred rounds. :)

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Switched out stocks and fore grips on my Win 1300 and 870 Marine Mag. Went with Hogue.

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Bought a lower off the forum. Had enough spare parts to complete it. Didnt plan on all magpul stuff but had enough takeoffs from different rifle to get it done. Now. Just need an upper

Attachments

• 4547AB92-B8E5-45C8-A14D-ABF8BE8621F7.jpeg
      4547AB92-B8E5-45C8-A14D-ABF8BE8621F7.jpeg
      46.8 KB · Views: 172
    Top Bottom