• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Did 100 yd tests on 22 & 6 BR's and started a test on a 6 CM with HNB coated bullets. The 6 CM BBL is an OME Savage that has been a real PITA to get clean, thus trying HBN coated bullets. Got a 100 yd base line target. will test again after another 35 rounds.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Went to my clubs range today, the one's that's STILL open. I was the only one out there. 140 acre shooting facility all to myself. Talk about social distancing. :cool: Shot my new Sig 365. Love that gun. I got there around eight and left a little after eleven. Sunshine, a little breeze, just an absolutely perfect morning to play with the toys.

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Your a lucky guy. Wish I had a range like that. --- SAWMAN

LOL SAWMAN.....we're both lucky guys to belong to that club. People are already paying their dues for the new club year starting July 1. I'm getting ready to mail mine in now. I hope to see you out there one day. I really want to meet SAWMAN.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have been out quite a bit lately. Will be coming back out again just as soon as i get more test ammo loaded for my 22-250 Encore Pro Hunter and my 223Rem Benelli MR1.
    Hopefully,later this week. --- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Used my lunch break to slap these parts together, like I need another rifle... but most parts were used/like new and acquired at great prices. The barrel, a 18" Ballistic Advantage Bead-Blasted SS.

I hope this barrel shoots better than the previous two. The first one was grouping bad, BA exchanged it, second one was worse. They tested the barrel and when they said they were sending me a third, I asked for a different material, thus the SS.

The barrel has the Ops. Inc. profile but I will have to modify the collar so I can use my AEM5 suppressor.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finished sizing and lubing the bullets I cast for the Swiss M1889 Rifle. Yesterday I resighted in my 16” 6.8 upper and a short bbl 300 BLK upper (had not resighted them following my cataract surgery).

Today Sawman and I had meetings (kept at a proper social distance with no hand shaking) with the property manager of a property we shoot hogs on and one of the farmers we do hog control for...they want us back. Farmer told us his plans for planting. Gonna also plant peanuts in a new field a few miles away where we’ve not hog hunted before. Don’t know if hogs will bother it, but we will monitor it and see. Farmer wants us to take an animal to his needy neighbor like was done last year.

FWIW the hogs have not returned to the property where I killed 3 the other night. We think we’ve found them on another property about a mile away based upon a game camera photo and fresh rooting.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Had fun with my great niece. Letting her get some trigger time. Also worked on prone shooting. :) BB my nieces nickname, shooting a bb gun, red Ryder!

Attachments

• 20200406_101524.jpg
      20200406_101524.jpg
      916.3 KB · Views: 103

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would hope that FWC will allow us some leverage to distribute some of the upcoming meat to some of the more needy families in several weeks when the farmers start planting their crops.
    To feed good game to the turkey vultures when some family could have it is really uncalled for. --- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I would hope that FWC will allow us some leverage to distribute some of the upcoming meat to some of the more needy families in several weeks when the farmers start planting their crops.
    To feed good game to the turkey vultures when some family could have it is really uncalled for. --- SAWMAN

What do you mean?

I know of no law or rule that says you can't give game meat away... selling, yes, gift, perfectly legal no?

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I think he may mean he hopes FWC doesn’t make any emergency rule preventing non-commercial distribution in order to reduce face to face interactions during the pandemic.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shopping. .243 side charger...... they have a 22 inch but I hunt from a shooting house, it's a real hassle when you want to change windows quickly. Still have to read up on what lower it works best with.

Sweating and Thinking about getting myself one of these also

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,me too.
    Lusting for them 55's and 58's going REAL FAST !!
    THE 1:8 twist is somewhat abnormal for that chambering . . BUT . . consider it a plus for hunting and/or shooting the newer,great bullets >100gr.
    My choice would be the 22" and would quickly spin the muzzle device off and install either a thread protector or linear comp. Love the side charge also.
    Would call first to ensure that the upper is compatible with a DPMS lower.
    Looking at these now. --- SAWMAN
    PLUS - - - > I am already tooled up to reload 243Win. :D

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yeah,me too.
    Lusting for them 55's and 58's going REAL FAST !!
    THE 1:8 twist is somewhat abnormal for that chambering . . BUT . . consider it a plus for hunting and/or shooting the newer,great bullets >100gr.
    My choice would be the 22" and would quickly spin the muzzle device off and install either a thread protector or linear comp. Love the side charge also.
    Would call first to ensure that the upper is compatible with a DPMS lower.
    Looking at these now. --- SAWMAN
    PLUS - - - > I am already tooled up to reload 243Win. :D

Yep. Emailed them this morning to find out what lower they reccomend. The side charger still ejects right, crapola.Your right no need for a "flash hider" on a hunting rig. Stuck the strike industries comp on the .224 cause I was bored...lol

Top Bottom