• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sent Magpul correspondence regarding a consumer requirement that is not covered by current products in the firearms accessory marketplace. I provided a product idea/concept and rough specifications of design, features, justifications supporting each one and the enhanced versitility the item provides. I just wanted them to consider producing a similar product. I included clear statements that I didn't desire monetary gain in a any form and will gladly sign over any and all Rights, if that document was not legally sufficint. I also stated this was a solely my origional idea, however, as with all new ideas/concepts a complete Patent search prior to investment in production is prudent.

I received a response from Magpul Brand Protections today. It stated that I should protect my "intellectual property" Rights with a "Patent" and then resubmit referencing the Patent Number.

Since I had already eliminated all desire for profit, this could very well be their "Go away crackpot" answer. Lol. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I sent Magpul correspondence regarding a consumer requirement that is not covered by current products in the firearms accessory marketplace. I provided a product idea/concept and rough specifications of design, features, justifications supporting each one and the enhanced versitility the item provides. I just wanted them to consider producing a similar product. I included clear statements that I didn't desire monetary gain in a any form and will gladly sign over any and all Rights, if that document was not legally sufficint. I also stated this was a solely my origional idea, however, as with all new ideas/concepts a complete Patent search prior to investment in production is prudent.

I received a response from Magpul Brand Protections today. It stated that I should protect my "intellectual property" Rights with a "Patent" and then resubmit referencing the Patent Number.

Since I had already eliminated all desire for profit, this could very well be their "Go away crackpot" answer. Lol. Oh well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

... OR, they agree that it's a viable product, and they'd like to pursue making it, but since you sent an email with the idea time-stamped already in the past, even if you said "no big deal", it's still obviously your "intellectual property", or it might be someone else's, so they'd be open to a lawsuit/claim for a piece of the future profits. Their lawyers said there is no "legally sufficient" paperwork to protect themselves against that better than you having the idea codified in a patent and then the patent can be bought from you in a more normal way with plenty of legal precedent. Bonus for them: you already got the patent research done on your time/dime if you end up with your own patent.

Basically: follow their advice. Get your idea patented, then re-approach them. Might make you some extra fun-money...

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Put a Burris 2x7x32 scope on my Volquartsen Scorpion 22 magnum. Ready to do some plinking. IMG_1297.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1297.JPG
      IMG_1297.JPG
      281.2 KB · Views: 160

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Saw some cool guns. Traded some stuff.
    Got another Kinghts armory part to go with the forestock kit. I always enjoy looking the the parts piles. Got some hard cast bullets, traded the 25 cal ones. Cannon holster, and a super sound forwarder! Did see a few good deals. Saw a Upper to shoot 45acp. Dont know what lower would work with that. Saw mega overpriced AR's. Lots of barrels and uppers/ lowers. Did meet a good dealer, kenny from Kenny's gunroom. Nice guy. I'll be going to see him more in the future. I have a rant brewing inside about gun show dealers, but I'm gonna be good.

20191102_172340.jpg

Attachments

• 20191102_172340.jpg
      20191102_172340.jpg
      623.8 KB · Views: 143
    Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Found a place making reproduction Swiss military leather goods since the year 2000. Asked if he'd sell me just the shoulder strap and a belt for my Swiss P49 holster. I've never seen an original shoulder strap for sale by itself. Sent him a pic of my holster.

Won an auction for various Swiss K31 bolt parts (the good to have parts like firing pin, extractor, charging handle, safety and others) at a cheaper price than just what some of the parts sell for by themselves.

Finally, in a couple of hours I pick up the mug I had made to give the Swiss Army officer as a thank you gift for all he's done for me in regards to my now owning his issued P49 pistol. For anyone not familiar with the story, with luck I found the officer that was issued the P49 (aka SIG P210-2 as sold to civilians) in 1966, and he chose to respond to me. I found a lady who turned out to be his daughter-in-law, who spoke English (and German and French) living in the same town, and she delivered my message to him. He's answered question after question and sent photos of his town, the Alps, homes, family, himself, and pages in his military service record and military shooting record. I've also sent him photos. I'll ship the mug this week, and he should have it in time for his 75th birthday this month. Will post pics of the mug when I get it home.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Finished with my new trunk gun. Bought this last week off the forum in great condition and took it up to JJ (OneShot) to get it a bob job. 28" was cut to 22", trued, blued, and test shot on JJ's firing line. Patterns mini shell buckshot real well at 15 yards and is fun to shoot!

With all shown in the pic, besides the pillows and couch, I think the canvas case loaded is just over 5 lbs with 10 mini shell in the sleeve and more minis in the toe of the case.

Yildiz 12 Final (1) Redux.jpg

Yildiz 12 Final (2) Redux.jpg

Yildiz 12 Final (3) Redux.jpg

Yildiz 12 Final (4) Redux.jpg

Yildiz 12 Final (5) Redux.jpg

Attachments

• Yildiz 12 Final (1) Redux.jpg
      Yildiz 12 Final (1) Redux.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 137
    • Yildiz 12 Final (2) Redux.jpg
      Yildiz 12 Final (2) Redux.jpg
      60.3 KB · Views: 133
    • Yildiz 12 Final (3) Redux.jpg
      Yildiz 12 Final (3) Redux.jpg
      51 KB · Views: 136
    • Yildiz 12 Final (4) Redux.jpg
      Yildiz 12 Final (4) Redux.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 131
    • Yildiz 12 Final (5) Redux.jpg
      Yildiz 12 Final (5) Redux.jpg
      206.4 KB · Views: 135

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Set the scope on my omni 300 bo. Adjusted red dot on the lever. Adjusted scope on redhawk. May take the scope off the redhawk. 464 spx is fantastic. Cycled and fed perfectly. Accurate too. Coffee cup group at 50 yards. :). Was suprised at the amount of kick on the 30-30. I put a dab of blue lock tight on the scope mount screws last night.

20191025_193011.jpg

Attachments

• 20191025_193011.jpg
      20191025_193011.jpg
      580.4 KB · Views: 121
    Last edited:

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Got a reply from the leather reproduction company. Gonna make me a belt and shoulder strap for my Swiss P49 holster.

Here's my thank you gift I'm sending to the Swiss officer. Note: Kitchen lights and the kitchen are being reflected onto the mug where I took the photo. Note: The "scratches" by the "B" are just lint from the package the mug came in and not scratches in the finish. My daughter has a business of creating "things" (ornaments, shirts, mugs, signs, whatever). I gave her the photo and words I wanted, said I want the font to be as if someone hand printed the letters, and this is what she came up with. I like it and hope Jürg does too. The words are formal German for thanking someone for doing several things over a period of time, translating in English to "Many thanks for everything". He lives in a German speaking area of Switzerland, and also speaks English.

DSCN3823.JPG DSCN3825.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3823.JPG
      DSCN3823.JPG
      69.3 KB · Views: 120
    • DSCN3825.JPG
      DSCN3825.JPG
      56.6 KB · Views: 117

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    New Toy! Shoots really good and I like the sturdiness and weight.

20191104_141943.jpg

Attachments

• 20191104_141943.jpg
      20191104_141943.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 164
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    ^^^^^^ it's supposed to be pretty accurate. They ever produce/import bigger mags for the CT9?

Yeah, Mags are an issue.

Shoots real good. No issues, just bang, bang, bang. I like the way its setup. Ever pick a rifle up and it just clicks? For me it's this one.

It's the CT40. G2.

I forgot to add the info, duh. Stinking 1 10rd mag. Been searching for more mags, touched base with a guy who makes them so we will see. would be nice to have 2-4 25 rounders. It's not the .45 I had in mind but almost!

This mag looks familiar but I just cant place it. It's the rib on the back, almost like a colt SMG mag. But I swear someplace I've seen one like it. One of those parts kits, CZ something maybe? Or one of those Italian jobs. Something.

Last edited:

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yeah, Mags are an issue.

Shoots real good. No issues, just bang, bang, bang. I like the way its setup. Ever pick a rifle up and it just clicks? For me it's this one.

It's the CT40. G2.

I forgot to add the info, duh. Stinking 1 10rd mag. Been searching for more mags, touched base with a guy who makes them so we will see. would be nice to have 2-4 25 rounders. It's not the .45 I had in mind but almost!

This mag looks familiar but I just cant place it. It's the rib on the back, almost like a colt SMG mag. But I swear someplace I've seen one like it. One of those parts kits, CZ something maybe? Or one of those Italian jobs. Something.

Vertical rib or horizontal rib?

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Looks like I'll have a new gunshow mission, may have to recruit some of you to help, cause I cant go to all of them. Gonna be digging thru the mag piles. Info on the mag stamped " SMT/CT CAL. 40 MADE IN BRAZIL"

Top Bottom