Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

What gun stuff did you do today?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Jevaughn

Reaction score
Is that the cannon that uses moon clips? Saw a flat black one for sale awhile back. I've got a webley top break and love it.
Yeah. I picked up a 5 pack of moon clips from Brownells. Kinda wish I'd gotten the half moon ones though. They're easier to load and unload. Also, you can use .45 auto rim without the clips.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Yep! You might want to read up on the rated pressures on the weapon. The webley was rated for 17k +/- and most .45 acp is 21k. My understanding. Seems like the modern cartridges have more zip. I have some lead .45 acp loaded to the orginal spec to shoot out of the old gun, would not want to damage a 100 year old heirloom.

** also get the loading tool. Its worth it.
And pick up one of these to go with it. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Raven

Reaction score
I would keel over backwards and give up a limb to have a 45 caliber Webley! I saw one at Ubers once like ten years ago that had been milled for moon clips. I've had a couple of the smaller 38 Webleys and it's just not the same.

Raven

Reaction score
I have yet to see what these new Ruger SAA's in 45ACP can do, but the main motivation for getting them was no moon clips required for 45ACP. And well being in stainless steel didn't hurt either

Raven

Reaction score
I've had a 45ACP moon clip loading tool before, for a S&W Governor about 7 or 8 years ago, and yessir, money well spent

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter found her new favorite gun to shoot. A S&W 1917. I wanted her to get experience with a revolver. It's got huge grips, so didn't expect she'd like it as much as other guns, but I was wrong. She must have been a cowboy/cowgirl in a past life or something. Her favorite guns to shoot aren't the typical autos. She loves this old Winchester lever .22 and now the 1917 revolver. Guess I'll have to start reloading .45 now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Mind if I share the pic on the ERGC Facebook/Instagram pages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FLT

Reaction score
I went searching in the bottom of a gun safe for a Spikes bare lower and found , several! I must of had these for a while , one has a single digit serial # and one has a two digit serial number . I guess I’m not only a gouger , I’m apparently a hoarder as well . Finding something you forgot you had is almost like getting something new for free.

DeadlyThreatDefense

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Changed up the scope mount to the SAGE one. Got a little trigger time in before dark. She's no tack driver but certainly good enough for hunting out to 300 yards and steel t0 perhaps 800.

She looks sweet mounted in my truck's ring mount.

That’s a sweet looking rifle.

Molon Labe

Reaction score
Is that the cannon that uses moon clips? Saw a flat black one for sale awhile back. I've got a webley top break and love it.
I have a question about your Webley (I'd like to pick your brain.) I have a Webley Mk VI, milled cylinder, all there except for the lanyard ring. There is a deep arrow (non-factory) engraved in the top strap pointing to the right. I know its purpose, but was it common to mark the weapon in this manner? I enjoy the ship tour!

RHINOWSO

Reaction score
Changed out some muzzle devices (finally), have to re-zero those 2 here soon but otherwise it's too hot to choot. :D

indy1919a4

Reaction score
Yep! You might want to read up on the rated pressures on the weapon. The webley was rated for 17k +/- and most .45 acp is 21k. My understanding. Seems like the modern cartridges have more zip. I have some lead .45 acp loaded to the orginal spec to shoot out of the old gun, would not want to damage a 100 year old heirloom.

** also get the loading tool. Its worth it.
And pick up one of these to go with it. :)

You guys can still shoot the original .455 webley rounds out of the shaved Webleys as long as the firing pin (which is very long) can reach the primer. There are a few that I have see where they shaved to much off the cylinder the pin will not strike...

But there is a company that sells an cylinder extender or spacer and you can put it, They are a tad pricey and you can make your own if you want/can.

Duckyou

Reaction score
What did you use to do the square stake

Just an old square punch from the tool box hit hard with a hammer.

If I was going to do it again, I would likely use a press as I almost smacked my firearm. I have a UBR for my next build which does not use a castle nut (I think but I have not used one yet).

rviray

Reaction score
What Gun stuff did I do today? I giggle my ass off because I got one of those gun emails again and found this... It was an email about a laser. A Glock 26 hitting a penny with a laser from a 100 yards away....really?

Attachments

M60Gunner

Reaction score
Received my Doublestar upper. Ordered it through Dirt Cheap and it got here in 3 days!

Toggle Sidebar