• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Took my new to me CZ75D Compact PCR to the range today. I think it's a keeper. Roughly 10 yards. Center is 115gr fiochi rn, left is 147gr Blazer fn, and right is 124gr +p Speer gold dot. Only fired 5 of those as they're too hard to find and expensive to plink with.
    Now I need to work up a reload for it.
    b587915423b86cb494c2aa9764b9dd6c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Did some cleaning today.
    Seekins Havak Bravo 6.5 creedmoor
    Nightforce Nx8 4x32x50
    Heavy bastard
    butter smooth bolt though.
    92E76E0C-9FA0-426B-ABB5-46BE88C919BB.jpeg

5264A7B5-615A-429D-B913-C3F572974CBC.jpeg

97026B52-2EA3-4034-A055-1A43B00D3BF3.jpeg

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I fixed the pesky trigger on my High Tower Armory MBS-95 (.45) today! Works great on the bench.
    Can't wait to test it out. The crappy trigger is why it's been in the safe for over a year...

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    What I really did was miss out on a pretty nice SMLE jungle carbine this morning....busy doing honeydos!
    LOL me too, missed that sweet Kahr cause my wife had me doing gardening shit!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I've been reading all the posts about ammo shortages and/or sky high prices, while cranking out range ammo on my presses. Currently, one RCBS Pro Chucker 5 is churning out .45 ACP, the other Pro Chucker 5 is making piles of 9mm, my Lee Pro 1000 is cranking out .38 Spl, and my RCBS Rock Chucker is making 30-06. I'm just splitting up my time between presses.There is a lot to be said for being able to roll your own.

I stocked up (seriously stocked up) on components years ago. Along with more recent purchases, I still have Hercules power in the cardboard canisters, sleeves of Winchester primers that cost $50-$55/5000, and I just finished loading up a box of Valiant 158Gr. semi watcutters that I bought from Reese 20+ years ago. There is no caliber that I shoot that I cannot load in quantities that would exceed my remaining lifetime needs. ...but I'll still buy factory ammo when it is a good deal :)

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have been panning for gold
    Gold.jpg

turned out to be about 1/3 of a 5 gall bucket

Gold1.jpg

still got a little mining to do cause I see a lil gold and silver in that there hill

Gold2.jpg

Hung out with my buddy Dillon most of the weekend once I got some gold panned out

IMG_0518.jpg

Cleaned that lube off good...motor went out on the old unit...had to get another...all shiny n new

IMG_0519.jpg

We sure worked hard...and it was hot...but done with that

IMG_0525.jpg

Hollyfox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hunted high and low for a Ruger SR40 to buy. It seems like all the dealers are out of almost everything. How depressing. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'd say that I'm glad I reload, and I am, but reloading supplies are getting as hard to find as factory ammo, and when you do find it, just like factory ammo, it costs a good bit more than it did a few short months back.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is very reminiscent of post Sandy Hook, luckily I'm more prepared these days. Still sucks for those who actually shoot, train, and teach not just stockpile...but that's another conversation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And yet you will find some folks that still won’t buy what they need. In a month ,today’s prices won’t seem so bad. In 90 days there probably won’t be anything left to buy. Kinda reminds me of the obama fiasco.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I will say that gulf coast guns in pea ridge has been staying decently stocked, but have purchase limits on ammo. A 50 count box of bulk 9mm is $15 for steel case and $20 for brass case. They have a good assortment of defensive ammo as well (or did yesterday)

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    300 a thousand for steel case and 400 a thousand for brass case seems high , but it won’t in another week or two. At this rate you won’t be able to find anything to buy in another month.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    High demand firearms and ammo calibers are probably producing at a higher rate than prior to the 2016 election (WuFlu closures and staffing issues aside). That said, there won't be a Mfr unexpected major drop in sales because of election results. We all know what's driving sales now and that doesn't have an end date. Reguardless of the 2020 elections, the Far Left/dems and their media lap dogs are going to keep pushing the race card, salting the racial divide, praising social discord & disorder while minimizing the impact on law abiding citizens. Generally, people not living and preaching from ivory towers and protected by extensive security systems and bodyguards: ""now know" gov at all levels are not going to protect nor save their asses. Therefore, the people that can, buy.

The skyrocketing guns and ammo sales really hurts the false messaging from the gun grabber orgs. Its hurt Shithead watts (Bloomberg funded mda) so bad they have dramatically changed their approach. They are now pounding out civil rights , equity and anti cop spin on their anti-gun messaging in order to pull that media and public unrest into their supporting ranks of followers. Watts posted "Heavily armed white supremacists insurgents at Gettysburg" but not a word on the black NFAC armed march to Stone Moutain, Ga! I Posted it on her site (X2) and it was ignored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom