• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got my Taurus PT 809 today that I bought from little jacks guns. Inspected,oiled and shot the hell out of it. 0 issues. Full size 9mm. Da/sa, ambi controls for every thing. Decoker. The Novac sights are awesome. Has a real hammer.
    Forward and rear serrations. 30.2 oz unloaded. Easiest mag insertion, swap I've ever had on a handgun. 17rd +1 carry. 3 position safety, on,fire,decock. Ambi controls rule. ( I like to shoot left) captive recoil spring, takedown like glock WITHOUT pulling the trigger. Pic rail on front 2 spots. Thick barrel. Drop safe, 2nd strike capability. Accurate, rings steel at 25 yards without even trying. I cant for the life of me figure out why they dropped this one from the lineup? Shown with S&W and pocket rocket.

Also, has loaded chamber indicator and I just put on the bigger backstrap. Added light. Nice! 1:9 twist according to the internet. Fyi The G3 is the current model , no ambi though dammit. This one was discontinued in 2012. I can add it to my discontinued Taurus collection, lol.

Attachments

• 20200401_233420.jpg
      20200401_233420.jpg
      1.8 MB · Views: 188
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mockup of a current sbr project. Still debating over the trigger choice, something with a flat trigger shoe. View attachment 82103

What's wrong with the way it is?? I'd leave it alone then when ya get bored with it roll it out with no hassle. Ymmv

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Did some trading and buying today! Thanks fellas! AR parts and and 636rds of 9mm ammo. A few more parts and I'll have my .224 valkyrie build done!(scope)

Attachments

• 20200404_154258.jpg
      20200404_154258.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 181

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Got my Taurus PT 809 today that I bought from little jacks guns. Inspected,oiled and shot the hell out of it. 0 issues. Full size 9mm. Da/sa, ambi controls for every thing. Decoker. The Novac sights are awesome. Has a real hammer.
    Forward and rear serrations. 30.2 oz unloaded. Easiest mag insertion, swap I've ever had on a handgun. 17rd +1 carry. 3 position safety, on,fire,decock. Ambi controls rule. ( I like to shoot left) captive recoil spring, takedown like glock WITHOUT pulling the trigger. Pic rail on front 2 spots. Thick barrel. Drop safe, 2nd strike capability. Accurate, rings steel at 25 yards without even trying. I cant for the life of me figure out why they dropped this one from the lineup? Shown with S&W and pocket rocket.

Picked up 2 more mags for a total of 4. These are tough to find! Damm you Taurus! Quit changing mag designs with every pistol!!

Attachments

• 20200404_110834.jpg
      20200404_110834.jpg
      990.7 KB · Views: 176
    Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Picked up 2 more mags for a total of 4. These are tough to find!
    LOL, you must have more guns than any 12 of us here have in sum together. No envy and that is just so great. We should all celebrate the constitution by buying at least several guns every so often.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    LOL, you must have more guns than any 12 of us here have in sum together. No envy and that is just so great. We should all celebrate the constitution by buying at least several guns every so often.

Thanks, I've got a few. Used to have wayyyy too many. I trade alot to test drive stuff, play with, some I keep. Kinda sitting on things right now. Could have made a lick selling though. Just didnt want to be one of those guys filling his cart full then charging double the next day. You get what I'm saying.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Picked up 2 more mags for a total of 4. These are tough to find! Damm you Taurus! Quit changing mag designs with every pistol!!

I like that all it takes is a couple of minutes with a dremel to enlarge the mag catch slot to convert M9 and Beretta 92 mag’s to work in my PT 92’s since Taurus wants to much for their magazine’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I like that all it takes is a couple of minutes with a dremel to enlarge the mag catch slot to convert M9 and Beretta 92 mag’s to work in my PT 92’s since Taurus wants to much for their magazine’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait, the longer it is the harder it is to find mags. I've got an awsome 40 cal carbine by taurus, no mags anywhere. I have one 10rd mag. Sucks.

Attachments

• 20191104_141943.jpg
      20191104_141943.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 197

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What's wrong with the way it is?? I'd leave it alone then when ya get bored with it roll it out with no hassle. Ymmv
    It doesn't have a trigger, or didn't until picking one up last night from Fear21.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Swedish M38 using cast bullets. Decided to go to the neighbor’s range and get sight settings for 50, 75, and 100 yds. Bonus: his wife made banana nut bread with cream frosting for my wife and I. Yum Yum! We kept the proper distance apart.

The one pic is me using a bbl cooler. Love the clang sound in the video.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    GREAT FIND !! These shirts are a status symbol. They tag you as the "best of the best".
    Owning one of these will allow you to be a "secret mod". (Even the "super mods" can't get these) It will also give you access to all the "for sale" adds Before the rest of the forum can see them.
    At gunshows it will ID you as someone that can be trusted,are well liked,and you will receive an automatic discount of 10% at any table in the show.
    You will no longer have to fill out a 4473 fo buy a firearm or pay the $200 for any surpressor.
    Now James . . . YOUR ONE OF US !!
    GREAT FIND !! --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Haha! That's awesome, rebel! An OG shirt for real! This reminds me, I need to look into doing another run of these. I might have a pretty good turn out since y'all fools are stuck at home with your money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom