Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

What gun stuff did you do today?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

kendive

Reaction score
That's pretty neat. I'm wondering though if it's legal in FL. We got screwed on the binary triggers.
I would be more worried about the warning at the bottom of the page. LOL Them poor people in Cali. No wonder they don't want them to have any gun stuff.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemical(s) known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

FLT

Reaction score
California residents are hell bent on destroying the rest of the United States. The only thing not know to cause cancer in the state of California is pole smoking and poop packing. And apparently that rots the logical portion of the brain.

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
In the deer stand, shopping..lol. only daw more baby deer, dammit.
Only hunted till noon cause I was supposed to meet a flake on armslist, dude sold it out from under me. Had a deal worked out at 9am. Shithead.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Reaction score
That's pretty neat. I'm wondering though if it's legal in FL. We got screwed on the binary triggers.
FL Statute
790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
History.—s. 13, ch. 2018-3.

My non lawyer opinion is the "item" fits the discription as a 1. Device 2. That converts a firearm. 3. Altering Rate of Fire 4. Result mimics automatic Fire.

Use Bump Finger technique: cheaper now, cheaper later. Lol

Daezee

Reaction score
Developed a good cast bullet load for my Model 1889 Swiss rifle. When my house burnt in 2007, I lost all my bullet casting equipment and supplies. Never got back into casting like I use to, and now the equipment and bullet metal supplies cost twice as much, if not more, than they were when I was casting. Friends gave me samples of six different 30 cal cast bullets for me to try in the Swiss. Found a load (15.5gr 2400 with 200gr Lyman 314299) that shoots nice, better than with jacketed bullets in that rifle, with no leading. Although the 314299 is normally for the 303 British, the larger diameter appears to fit in the Long tapered throat (designed to swage down the original paper patched bullet to fit the .307-.308" groove diameter of the Model 1889 rifle better than the .311" diameter cast bullets. Now I've got to decide whether I want to get back into casting rifle bullets. I used to be really into rifle bullet casting, weighing each one, and getting nice accuracy.

DSCN3834.JPG

Attachments

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
What is the cost and availability of just buying them ?? ( More time to shoot.) ---SAWMAN

Daezee

Reaction score
What is the cost and availability of just buying them ?? ( More time to shoot.) ---SAWMAN
$31.35 - $33.80 per 100, depending upon the alloy plus shipping. If I make my own, my cost would be about 7.6 cents a piece with buying Linotype for $2 per pound that I mix 50/50 with wheel weights or reclaimed cast bullets to make BNH of about 16-17 which is the hardness of rifle bullets I used to make. I know my bullets will be good with no wrinkles or voids, as I weigh each one.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know if you get this going Bruce.
I have a partial "pig" of something harder than sinker lead that I will give you. Brought it up from Maine with me. Unknown what it is. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Reaction score
Let me know if you get this going Bruce.
I have a partial "pig" of something harder than sinker lead that I will give you. Brought it up from Maine with me. Unknown what it is. --- SAWMAN
Thank you for the offer...will take you up on it if I go back into casting. Gonna call a friend that reducing his bullet casting; says he'll make me a package deal on some casting equipment and metal.

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Picked up a 16 inch 300BO barrel. Ballistic advantage 16" .300 Blackout Pistol Length AR 15 Barrel, Modern Series today. According to the "internet" its sub moa. Also some tube type handguards. Projects, still need more parts

Last edited:

CESwartz07

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a 16 inch 300BO barrel. Ballistic advantage 16" .300 Blackout Pistol Length AR 15 Barrel, Modern Series today. Also some tube type handguards. Projects, still need more parts
A 16” barrel with pistol length gas?!? WTH?

Deadly Threat Defense LLC
Firearms Training near Pensacola, FL

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Got the parts and tools I needed. But the 2 slick side uppers didnt make it. So the 16 inch 300 and the 20 inch 5.56 dont have uppers yet. Changed some handguards around. 9mm build. Pistol now wearing psa handguard, still need sound forwarder. Carbine/pistol 16 inch with fake pig wearing bushmaster varmiteer handguard. Might put a scope on it for fun/yard pests.

20191130_194259.jpg
20191130_194040.jpg

9mm 4x varmiteer.. :)
20191130_225440.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

G-rat

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
took a pistol class with CESwartz07... super fun!!!

Daezee

Reaction score
Bought some used bullet casting equipment...getting back into rifle bullet casting.

CESwartz07

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Took advantage of some Black Friday deals. Picked up a stripped Geissele lower, ALG LPK with A2 grip and QMS trigger, a SBA3 Pistol brace, and a SOLGW castle nut and end plate. So I’ll be all in on a pistol lower with quality parts for about $300. Also Ordered a PMM comp for my Gen5 Glock. Now I need to stop running up my credit card and lay low for awhile, or I’ll never convince my wife to let me buy a can...

Also got more target stands, paper targets, and pasters for the business.

G-rat

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Took advantage of some Black Friday deals. Picked up a stripped Geissele lower, ALG LPK with A2 grip and QMS trigger, a SBA3 Pistol brace, and a SOLGW castle nut and end plate. So I’ll be all in on a pistol lower with quality parts for about $300. Also Ordered a PMM comp for my Gen5 Glock. Now I need to stop running up my credit card and lay low for awhile, or I’ll never convince my wife to let me buy a can...

Also got more target stands, paper targets, and pasters for the business.

more sticks and binder clips too i assume...

CESwartz07

Staff member
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
more sticks and binder clips too i assume...
Lol, I have spare binder clips, but a trip to Home Depot for more furring strips is in order

Toggle Sidebar