• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    just a thought and its too late now but could one have gone out right after the storm and claimed salvage rights on these unmanned unattended loose barges? then sell the rights back to the owners or insurance company for a pretty profit?

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I wouldn’t touch one of those barges with all the lawyers circling the waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No lawyers -Maritime law limits the liability to the value of the boat. The barge is worth $50,000 tops?

Hopefully Gulf Breeze and Pensacola hold Skanska’s feet tot the fire on the contract for the bridge.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    No lawyers -Maritime law limits the liability to the value of the boat. The barge is worth $50,000 tops?

Hopefully Gulf Breeze and Pensacola hold Skanska’s feet tot the fire on the contract for the bridge.
    barges are worth millions $$$$$$$$$$

meljel1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what ever there worth, They caused A LOT of damages, and destroyed many peoples lives. Homes destroyed between the hurricane and the barges. Which is really sad, and now our bridge after taken years to get where we were is going to take a good while to fix and to get the Breeze to back where it was. For now it is really quiet down on that end; But the tiger point area is getting more traffic then usually.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    barges are worth millions $$$$$$$$$$

ok - even at $2.5 million how far does that get on the thousands of people who are effected?

Even if they had them cover the toll- that is 25,000 residents for 20 days (without any legal fees coming out).

I would bet that repairing the two bridges will be more than $2.5 million at which there is no liability.

A similar thing happened to the Sunshie bridge in Louisiana which caused millions in damage to local retailers and shut down several small businesses - all of which got nothing (including Walmart).

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The barges that crashed into that bridge were not likely multimillion dollar barges. Read the description of that above ocean going barge with the 24 water tight compartments. There are barge tows that do cross the ocean with freight. There are also ocean going tugs.
    I do not know a lot about it.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    ok - even at $2.5 million how far does that get on the thousands of people who are effected?

Even if they had them cover the toll- that is 25,000 residents for 20 days (without any legal fees coming out).

I would bet that repairing the two bridges will be more than $2.5 million at which there is no liability.

A similar thing happened to the Sunshie bridge in Louisiana which caused millions in damage to local retailers and shut down several small businesses - all of which got nothing (including Walmart).
    this has nothing to do with the fact that people have been adversely affected and damage has been done. It has to do with one person claiming salvage rights on a barge and cashing the check all the way to the bank.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    this has nothing to do with the fact that people have been adversely affected and damage has been done. It has to do with one person claiming salvage rights on a barge and cashing the check all the way to the bank.

Please read the conversation or go complain about fast food joints not taking your $50 bill some more.

Someone asked about the liability - so it is pertinent

Does the liability move with the one who has the rights to the vessel?

Maritime law is old and strange.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Florida has some screwy Marine Recovery/Salvage Laws...
    and I mean like NO other State, anywhere.
    Suggest reading them for yourself...

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom