HD Tactical

Well, a Colorado Sheriff has proof that "Red Flag" laws are a GOOD thing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you take it a step further, since you can't face your accuser when it comes to these laws, a LEO\Agency can just conjure up an anonymous report if they decide you are a problem or a nuisance, saying whatever they want about you, and you have no recourse. If nobody is asking who makes these red flag calls on people, the possibilities are endless. Real slippery slope kind of stuff.
    Yep. Qualified immunity.

One of the original drafts for the Florida red flag provisions actually included a line that essentially read, "and for any other reason." to justify confiscation. I'm told that line was removed from the final provision.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kinda like this?

"Lenin, Stalin, and their successors could not have carried out their deeds without wide-scale cooperation of disciplined "terror officials," cruel interrogators, snitches, executioners, guards, judges, perverts, and many bleeding hearts who were members of the progressive Western Left and were deceived by the Soviet regime of horror and even provided it with a kosher certificate."
    You know it.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ALL gun laws are meant to harm law abiding citizens. Criminals don't follow laws or rules, remember? That is why they are criminals in the first place.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yep. Qualified immunity.

One of the original drafts for the Florida red flag provisions actually included a line that essentially read, "and for any other reason." to justify confiscation. I'm told that line was removed from the final provision.
    It won't stop them. If somebody in the government wants your crap they will take it. Under the current search and seizure laws or whatever they call it if you have so much as any amount of cash on you they can take you away and confiscate your vehicle and everything else in it, never mind your cash, because you just might be up to no good. And they don't have to give any of it back. Thank the so-called War on Drugs for that law. Well or they just wait till you pass in front of a protected wildlife preserve or state forest or something, pull you over and see if you got a gun in there during hunting season then they'll take your truck and everything you own

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    MORE proof that the CO Sheriff is full of it, and that Liberalism is a mental disorder:

"Student shot 2 faculty members at Denver high school, police say; suspected shooter at large

East High School student had 'safety plan'

The student, who is a juvenile, had a "safety plan" with school staff and was regularly searched upon entering the building in a "secluded" area near the front of the school, away from other students and staff, Thomas said.

Alex Marrero, superintendent of Denver Public Schools, said students are assigned "safety plans" based on "past educational and also behavioral experiences." He declined to offer further details when asked by reporters."

OK, I never had a personal "safety plan" when I went to school, and I never shot anyone in school or otherwise, so it sounds like these "safety plans" are a farce... just like "Red Flag" laws. Another quote from the article:

"We can’t continue to live like this," U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., who represents Denver, wrote on Twitter Wednesday. "We have to do more to protect our schools and community from gun violence."

OK, maybe you need to quit blaming "guns" and instead take a look at the little thugs in your classrooms! This is akin to some students blaming "old White men" for school shootings, when the shootings are being perpetrated by the students' very own classmates!

As for the tie-in with the Sheriff's contention that "Red Flag laws" work... no they don't, for the very same reason that "safety plans" don't work: They both leave violent thugs roaming free, while those subjected to these leftist schemes who have no intention of committing violence have their rights trampled even as they are held up as examples of "success". DEAL WITH THE KNOWN CRIMINALS, like this student obviously was BEFORE he was put on a "safety plan"!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...ce-say-suspected-shooter-at-large/ar-AA18WNXo

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don’t believe they swear to uphold the constitution anymore that has been worked around.
    I'm really not sure about oaths, because I'm not on the "inside."

Based on personal experience/observations, I do somewhat share your belief. Although I think the oath is part of the employment process, based on observable actions, many who might swear it don't understand, care to understand, and will never make an unbiased effort to understand it. If they did, I think this discussion would have concluded long ago. The worst of the "oath swearers," IMO, are those that simply repeat without consideration/thought whatever words are given them as an means to pay, benefits, and stature.

FWIW, no, I absolutely do not expect anyone to work for #$%^ pay, and/or working conditions. If you pursued a job/position not knowing what you were getting into, or thinking you could handle anything, and now it sucks; lesson learned. Throwing more money at you is not gonna change anything but your income. So, what, it's all about money, and if the salary is right, anything goes? What happened to that oath??

Uh-huh; why this thread endures....

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Although I think the oath is part of the employment process, based on observable actions, many who might swear it don't understand, care to understand, and will never make an unbiased effort to understand it. If they did, I think this discussion would have concluded long ago. The worst of the "oath swearers," IMO, are those that simply repeat without consideration/thought whatever words are given them as an means to pay, benefits, and stature.
    And this intentional "ignorance" goes all the way to the TOP:

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Cure to the Mass Shootings is to have public hangings within 30 days of the incident, regardless of the age of the shooter.
    Including gang related shootings and drive-by shootings.

And if a person knowingly gave the weapon to a "known" mental person, regardless of the relationship of either, jail that responsible party for a mandatory 20 years with no chance of parole.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Cure to the Mass Shootings is to have public hangings within 30 days of the incident, regardless of the age of the shooter.

And if a person knowingly gave the weapon to a "known" mental person, regardless of the relationship of either, jail that responsible party for a mandatory 20 years with no chance of parole.
    Bingo, bingo, BINGO!

With the only caveat being that the perp is caught red-handed (AS IN PARKLAND) or in the presence of other irrefutable proof. Where the perp is only found guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" (i.e., 100% certainty of guilt doesn't exist) maybe life without parole.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bingo, bingo, BINGO!

With the only caveat being that the perp is caught red-handed (AS IN PARKLAND) or in the presence of other irrefutable proof. Where the perp is only found guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" (i.e., 100% certainty of guilt doesn't exist) maybe life without parole.
    Oh yes, that'd be a prerequisite.
    Eyeball witnesses, Video recordings, Pictures. Otherwise, continued as trials are now, slow.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I could get on board with that. Although I believe they should die the same way they inflicted death.

IMO, if you want to reduce the potential for mass shootings, you allow the sane public to arm themselves, and act in the public interest when/where necessary. When they do so, and "authorities" show up 20+ minutes later, you do not treat them as a criminal. You treat them as a US Citizen, a brother/sister, that did the right thing, to include providing legal representation and getting them whatever help they need to move on from the incident.

Top Bottom