HD Tactical

Well, a Colorado Sheriff has proof that "Red Flag" laws are a GOOD thing...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    According to this Sheriff, Red Flags laws are "good", because the people the people they seized firearms from are "still alive". But don't take my word for it, here's the quote:

"But their opposition is unwarranted. Red flag laws save lives. Take it from Douglas County, Colorado, Sheriff Tony Spurlock, who, according to Pew Reports, has taken “political heat from gun rights advocates who question the law’s due process protections.” But Spurlock, whom Pew describes as “an avid Second Amendment supporter” finds it significant that each of the four people who were subject of red flag petitions in his jurisdiction is still alive. “It’s our responsibility to protect our citizens from harm,” he said. “We have a tool that is very valuable and will make a difference in the community.”

I'm confused. No one has seized my firearms, and I'm not dead yet either. So I think Spurlock's logic is lacking. And how does he propose to "keep alive" those who have never owned firearms, thus cancelling the ability to "save them" by "taking their guns"? And why don't they seize trucks, for example, since:

"On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19-tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 434 others."

Spurlock sounds like a straight-up idiot.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...eriffs-who-won-t-enforce-gun-laws/ar-AA18IC6U

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sounds like an idiot? No. He is most definitely a idiot. Who is not qualified to be a Sheriff. Coward. And he broke his oath.
    And note all the dirty tricks proposed in the article designed to browbeat even more law enforcement into violating their oaths. That is the real story.

jugdish

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Douglas County is a large county on the south side suburb of Denver. The closer you get to Denver & Boulder, the more whack they get. Sheriff is an elected official, so there's that.

I moved to FL from the people's republic of CO for these very reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "red flag petition." Petition, IMO, implies this was not a spontaneous life-saving act, but an extended process that should have involved careful consideration and weighing of circumstances/evidence before violating Constitutional Rights. So, I'm already having doubts about this guy, on top of the red flag doubts/resistance I've had from go.

Lest we forget, FL senator, then governor, Scott signed FL red flag provisions within about three-four days of Parkland. What that tells me is, that legislation was in/on his desk just waiting for an excuse to sign.

Last edited:

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Douglas County is a large county on the south side suburb of Denver. The closer you get to Denver & Boulder, the more whack they get. Sheriff is an elected official, so there's that.

I moved to FL from the people's republic of CO for these very reasons.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    I suspected as much about "Douglas County", without even looking it up : )

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the red flag law was originally meant to aid LEO's in removing firearms from certifiable crazies. But like everything else,
    laws are twisted to fit the wants of special interest groups.
    Look at Burning the US Flag, used to be illegal. But people have twisted that into it being freedom of speech, and now it's ok.
    In States with RF Laws, you will always have someone butthurt using the RF law out of retaliation, revenge or out of spite against
    someone who pissed them off, even spurned ex's.
    Just like someone instigating a fight, then getting their azz kicked. They run to the popo and file a report against the person who
    just stomped their azz.
    And you ask yourself, "will it ever end"? Short answer, NO !!!

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think the red flag law was originally meant to aid LEO's in removing firearms from certifiable crazies. But like everything else,
    laws are twisted to fit the wants of special interest groups.
    Look at Burning the US Flag, used to be illegal. But people have twisted that into it being freedom of speech, and now it's ok.
    In States with RF Laws, you will always have someone butthurt using the RF law out of retaliation, revenge or out of spite against
    someone who pissed them off, even spurned ex's.
    Just like someone instigating a fight, then getting their azz kicked. They run to the popo and file a report against the person who
    just stomped their azz.
    And you ask yourself, "will it ever end"? Short answer, NO !!!
    Exactly, but here's proof it's not about "keeping people safe":

Someone calls up and says "I think this guy is a psychotic killer". And let's say the caller is correct. So the cops go out and take his guns. But the guns are not the problem, the psychotic person is!

They leave the psychotic person in the house, with his vehicles, his knives, his axes, his baseball bats, his gasoline, etc., etc.

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE? If he is truly dangerous, you need to seize the person! Yet, we ALREADY KNOW the leftists want dangerous people running amok in order to drum up even more support for idiotic "gun control" schemes, when what we need is CRIMINAL control!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    They leave the psychotic person in the house, with his vehicles, his knives, his axes, his baseball bats, his gasoline, etc., etc.
    And the guns he buried that nobody knows about, and his buddies guns, and the gun show coming to a town near him the next weekend...

Guns are easy to get... so much so that confiscation is only going to piss a man off and spark the violence that the gun grabbers were trying not to spark

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    They run to the popo and file a report against the person who
    just stomped their azz
    I personally sat on a jury where somebody did exactly that in Milton. Thank God everybody on the jury saw through it and voted not guilty. The victim was really the perpetrator, the defendant was the real victim who had acted in self defense, and it was all a matter of who got to the police department first and filed as to who got arrested.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes and no. Might not have been his desk but it certainly was somebody's desk
    The fact that I received, in e-mails, from him and rubio, both saying they will support any legislation involving gun "safety" gives me all the reason I need to trust neither. Nor will I vote for them. Yes, they know.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since we're red flagging. Keep in mind that once you have been red flagged, getting your confiscated property back is now a civil, not criminal, matter. That means you can only petition, at your expense/time, to get your property back. If you perceive any further wrong was done to you, you can file a civil suit(s), again, at your own expense/time.

Do the math in your head... Oh, and, "qualified immunity," plus your pending case(es) will be processed/heard by the same people who worked to get your property confiscated in the first place. Ya think they'll see things different the second time? Google "cognitive disonance," and "confirmation bias."

Have ya'll seen yet that it will cost you way more than your property is worth to get it back? That's by design, IMO. Yeah, red flags are all about safety... Nope, it is primarily a means to disarm, safety is the cover/lie.

Willing to be proven wrong.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Since we're red flagging. Keep in mind that once you have been red flagged, getting your confiscated property back is now a civil, not criminal, matter. That means you can only petition, at your expense/time, to get your property back. If you perceive any further wrong was done to you, you can file a civil suit(s), again, at your own expense/time.

Do the math in your head... Oh, and, "qualified immunity," plus your pending case(es) will be processed/heard by the same people who worked to get your property confiscated in the first place. Ya think they'll see things different the second time? Google "cognitive disonance," and "confirmation bias."

Have ya'll seen yet that it will cost you way more than your property is worth to get it back? That's by design, IMO. Yeah, red flags are all about safety... Nope, it is primarily a means to disarm, safety is the cover/lie.

Willing to be proven wrong.
    I knew a guy once that was advised by his lawyer to walk away from his stuff because the LEO's wanted him (a free man proven innocent) to have a mental evaluation. There was no way to beat the mental evaluation because it was all one sided. Had that (proven innocent) man tried to get his guns back from the LEO's sworn to protect him as well as everybody else... he would have lost his gun rights for the rest of his life. So he walked away from thousands of dollars worth of stuff

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    According to this Sheriff, Red Flags laws are "good", because the people the people they seized firearms from are "still alive". But don't take my word for it, here's the quote:

"But their opposition is unwarranted. Red flag laws save lives. Take it from Douglas County, Colorado, Sheriff Tony Spurlock, who, according to Pew Reports, has taken “political heat from gun rights advocates who question the law’s due process protections.” But Spurlock, whom Pew describes as “an avid Second Amendment supporter” finds it significant that each of the four people who were subject of red flag petitions in his jurisdiction is still alive. “It’s our responsibility to protect our citizens from harm,” he said. “We have a tool that is very valuable and will make a difference in the community.”

I'm confused. No one has seized my firearms, and I'm not dead yet either. So I think Spurlock's logic is lacking. And how does he propose to "keep alive" those who have never owned firearms, thus cancelling the ability to "save them" by "taking their guns"? And why don't they seize trucks, for example, since:

"On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19-tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 434 others."

Spurlock sounds like a straight-up idiot.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...eriffs-who-won-t-enforce-gun-laws/ar-AA18IC6U
    Colorado, so surprising lol

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    And the guns he buried that nobody knows about, and his buddies guns, and the gun show coming to a town near him the next weekend...

Guns are easy to get... so much so that confiscation is only going to piss a man off and spark the violence that the gun grabbers were trying not to spark
    Bingo, bingo, BINGO!

If they seize someone's firearms under "Red Flag", and he doesn't go on to kill people, then it means he wasn't going to do it in the first place! But they will portray is as being a "success" if he doesn't. Kinda like the Colorado Sheriff saying that it "works", because the people they seized from are "still alive"!?!

And what "psychotic killer" is going to let anyone seize his guns anyway?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I knew a guy once that was advised by his lawyer to walk away from his stuff because the LEO's wanted him (a free man proven innocent) to have a mental evaluation. There was no way to beat the mental evaluation because it was all one sided. Had that (proven innocent) man tried to get his guns back from the LEO's sworn to protect him as well as everybody else... he would have lost his gun rights for the rest of his life. So he walked away from thousands of dollars worth of stuff
    One of my major points of contension with this whole red flag/mental health deal is the potential for bias/abuse, and my opinion that 99% of the time, the system, and those employed by it, circle the wagons to cover/justify their actions, even in hindsight. I'm not sure even 1% exist, that would readily admit, "hey, I @#$%ed up." Even if they do/did, I'm still 99% certain the system will cover that up and spin it, for the good of the orgainzation and its public image. Show me some real punishment, to include lifetime bans, and doing time in genpop, and I might be willing to hear an argument, or two.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One of my major points of contension with this whole red flag/mental health deal is the potential for bias/abuse, and my opinion that 99% of the time, the system, and those employed by it, circle the wagons to cover/justify their actions, even in hindsight. I'm not sure even 1% exist, that would readily admit, "hey, I @#$%ed up." Even if they do/did, I'm still 99% certain the system will cover that up and spin it, for the good of the orgainzation and its public image. Show me some real punishment, to include lifetime bans, and doing time in genpop, and I might be willing to hear an argument, or two.
    If you take it a step further, since you can't face your accuser when it comes to these laws, a LEO\Agency can just conjure up an anonymous report if they decide you are a problem or a nuisance, saying whatever they want about you, and you have no recourse. If nobody is asking who makes these red flag calls on people, the possibilities are endless. Real slippery slope kind of stuff.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you take it a step further, since you can't face your accuser when it comes to these laws, a LEO\Agency can just conjure up an anonymous report if they decide you are a problem or a nuisance, saying whatever they want about you, and you have no recourse. If nobody is asking who makes these red flag calls on people, the possibilities are endless. Real slippery slope kind of stuff.
    Kinda like this?

"Lenin, Stalin, and their successors could not have carried out their deeds without wide-scale cooperation of disciplined "terror officials," cruel interrogators, snitches, executioners, guards, judges, perverts, and many bleeding hearts who were members of the progressive Western Left and were deceived by the Soviet regime of horror and even provided it with a kosher certificate."

Top Bottom