• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Necessity being the mother of invention....I needed a 27mm crows foot for my lite AR build... the Chinese made aluminum AR barrel nut I ordered from China (before the virus scare) has a facet that would not allow the Amazon bought crows foot to fit. Machinest at work spent about 15 minutes programming our 250k waterjet he uses for aircraft parts to make this one in the pics 7075 T3 .90 aluminum....I’m better than good now.

FAB7E3F1-97C9-4002-AEFB-AA20EEF9C35D.jpg

Attachments

• FAB7E3F1-97C9-4002-AEFB-AA20EEF9C35D.jpg
      FAB7E3F1-97C9-4002-AEFB-AA20EEF9C35D.jpg
      167.3 KB · Views: 342

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That's really cool and even cooler to have that type of machine at your disposal, sometimes. There's certainly a market for proprietary barrel nut tools.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a whole set of 3/8 drive open ends that I have done with a belt sander.
    Not pretty,but work fine. Watch out for overheating and keep well oiled. Other than that . . . GREAT !! --- SAWMAN

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not to belittle your efforts and work, but my brain is asking why not spend 5 mins on a belt sander to make the amazon one a bit thinner for the fit ???
    Actually that was a thought....just happened to ask the machinist at work if he had a “better” way than just a “bubba” fix with a grinder or high speed sander, he took over from there. Had his option not been available, yep, it would have been manually made into a “diet” (thin) crows foot. We were at work on Sunday, all we do is pull a C-130 into the hanger post wash job, jack the plane and put our work stands around the plane...more physical work vs actually working on the airplane. It only takes a few hours, not a whole shift so we had a few hours of f*** off time basically....

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Actually that was a thought....just happened to ask the machinist at work if he had a “better” way than just a “bubba” fix with a grinder or high speed sander, he took over from there. Had his option not been available, yep, it would have been manually made into a “diet” (thin) crows foot. We were at work on Sunday, all we do is pull a C-130 into the hanger post wash job, jack the plane and put our work stands around the plane...more physical work vs actually working on the airplane. It only takes a few hours, not a whole shift so we had a few hours of f*** off time basically....

Great news Rick! If that is a government contract, can I e-mail you a list of items I need? Thanks, Joel

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Not to belittle your efforts and work, but my brain is asking why not spend 5 mins on a belt sander to make the amazon one a bit thinner for the fit ???
    Made mine with a cut off disc, necessity being the mother of invention, no flowjet access. Milling machine would have taken longer to clean up the mess, lol

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Man, I wish had one of those machines. I always need stuff for my race car and nothing I make looks as nice!

Top Bottom