• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We went to check our cameras on the lease today and were at the spot with the bear when my wife comes over to me and says she almost stepped on a snake under her camera. I looked and sure enough the was a fat Eastern in some brush at the base of the tree. Well he met his JUDGEment day today but just the same if your in the woods watch were you walk and most important where you put your hands. It was better than 4 ' very fat/heavy with 11 rattles and 1 button.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.JPG
      IMG_0658.JPG
      133.1 KB · Views: 213
    • IMG_0657.JPG
      IMG_0657.JPG
      127.5 KB · Views: 216

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have cleaned and fried rattlesnake before Jean - it's ok but I passed and just put it some brush down the road.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    John,Took me a week to find it the first time you posted that picture.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had QA come thru my shop at mainside last week, I was working on an mg-set so I was not
    aware of his attendance....suddenly he let out a scream that sounded like my granddaughter !!!
    laying stretched out in the middle of the floor was my seasonal pet "d-con" a 5' long 2.5" wide (when empty)
    rat snake !!!!
    the person shit his pants and asked if I had a spare tyvek suit he could borrow to go home.
    I had to ask him to repeat what he said because I was LMMFAO !!!!!

served him right.....I have HIGH VOLTAGE DO NOT ENTER signs at every entrance and usually barricade tape or chains.

I have stepped over "d-con" many times and also have trapped him rats and fed them to him.

I will not harm a non-poison snake, but they do startle me when im not expecting them.

that eastern DB is one thing I might walk around......its that stink'n nasty bastered with a pigtail I will take out everytime...YES!!

Last edited:

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gendoc has been tramping in the woods since he could walk. He's in the sticks more than around civilization. The reason I bring that up is last Fall he called me from the woods as I was on the way to meet him and said he had spotted a Moc. When I rolled up out there his eyes were big as dinner plates and he kept saying "That's was the biggest summbitch I've ever seen in my life". Ten minutes later I'm following his son who's walking and I'm on a tractor. Junior jumps back and looks white as a sheet. There's number 2! Never did run up on lucky #3. Yet.

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    boots ain't shit....I've been hit before between the thigh and knee by a cottonmouth back in the 90's....and today's
    critters are elevated much higher. ever seen one on a tree limb above the water ??

I guess one needs a "snake umbrella"............:hungry:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    boots are better than flipflops, I will tell you that and most bites are below the knee. I tried chaps but they are too hot and stiff. Tried those snake pants years ago and way to stiff and hot in Texas. I do stay out of areas like swamps and rivers though so that helps. That is also why I love to have hogs on the property as they eat every snake they see, we seldom see snakes on our lease.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    How does a hog get the snake without getting bit?

Top Bottom