• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Seriously considering a speed queen or a commercial Maytag unit. Needs to have a working agitator. I'm not sure how these new models get clothes clean. I hear love or hate but no in-between.
    If you have a used unit I may be your guy. I have a 1976 Kenmore 110 that has been a tank up until now. Circuit boards and wiring harnesses are the devil in today's machines.

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What you need is a stout woman with weight lifter arms, two number 2 wash tubs, and an old timey scrub board, now that would get your clothes clean!
    By the way, if you find a woman like that see if she has a sister, my machine is making strange noises too.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What you need is a stout woman with weight lifter arms, two number 2 wash tubs, and an old timey scrub board, now that would get your clothes clean!
    By the way, if you find a woman like that see if she has a sister, my machine is making strange noises too.
    I got a friend from Mississippi. He met a woman like that. Had a sister. He kept them both. Or they were cousins? It was his cousin. That's it.

joebuck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We are running a 25 year old Maytag washer and dryer that we bought new when we got married. Anytime anyting goes wrong with them (which is not very oftern) the repair guy always says "I would just keep fixing these cause they ain't made like that anymore". But last time he was out I did ask him if I had to buy a new machine what would he recommend and without hesitation he said Speed Queen. That was the only brand he would recommend.

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seriously considering a speed queen or a commercial Maytag unit. Needs to have a working agitator. I'm not sure how these new models get clothes clean. I hear love or hate but no in-between.
    If you have a used unit I may be your guy. I have a 1976 Kenmore 110 that has been a tank up until now. Circuit boards and wiring harnesses are the devil in today's machines.

Just get it fixed. Honestly they're easier to fix than a 1972 Plymouth Duster.

Motor swaps like an Alternator does.
    Belt changes are like an older car in a tight bay.
    Electro connections are standard house wiring.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buy a unit with manual controls! Use the only good thing on youtube: DIY Repair vids. Digital crap is harder to troubleshoot and electronics are crazy spendy. Tech repair will be like current TVs: too costly, so you replace it. I don't know what's driving the Commerical requirement but I'd but the cheapest large capacity household uint available. Its very common to have one unit Rebranded and sold under several names with a slight difference in appearance but big difference in price. A check of the models number and its Parts List will often tell the tale.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

1590882170628.png
    1590882294311.png

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    We bought a large capacity LG set in 2018(?). Has all the bells & whistles, and does a great job.

Top Bottom