• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Dad got one from a buddy of his. Mag release is in the. BOttom of the trigger guard. I've got large hands and for sure can't reach it with my thumb or my index finger. Feels comfortable in my hand but don't think it's something I'd buy for myself. See a lot of people praise them. Maybe I don't know how to handle it.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is the European style mag release the PPQ m2 has the button like we are used to. The Euro style is also hard to find a good holster fit for it .

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I use my index finger to work the paddle style mag release. with enough practice, It is just as fast as a conventional thumb mag release.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Practice for sure. If I were in a movie type situation and had to change mags I'd be dead lol.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I have short thumbs so I actually liked the M1 version better. With a little practice it was no issue. I got rid of it because it didn’t use the same mags as my PPQ match 5. It is one of those guns I wish I never parted with...

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have several paddle release Walthers. I have small hands so I use my middle finger to actuate the paddle. It didn't take me very long to get used to it vs the button but YMMV. I like them both about the same. I also have some bottom mag release pistols, those take a bit longer to change mags than either the paddle or the button. As mentioned above you can buy the PPQ with either the paddle release (PPQ M1) or the button release (PPQ M2). I love the grip ergonomics of the PPQ, it fits my hand better than any other pistol I've tried.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I actually prefer paddle releases - it might be my hand size, but they feel much more intuitive and faster to reach than a traditional button style. Been eyeballing HKs for a while, gonna have to take the plunge sooner or later I reckon.

Top Bottom