• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Today I stoped in at the Walmart in GB since I was in that neck of the woods with Mrs Ric-san. I check out the sporting good section to see if they had any .22 ammo as the rest of the crap hunting ammo is still everywhere on the shelf. The guy working there is a older gent my guess in his 60’s/ and or early 70’s. I ask him for help with the ammo I want and once he sees it grabs the fat 1K brinck of Winchester M-22, he irings it up and asks for my drivers license. He checks it out hands it back to me. I pay and kindly ask him why the license check. He said it’s just policy. Anyone know wtf is up with that...I mean I’m in my mid 50’s, a mean ol’ retired Marine. I certainly don’t look like some candy assed underaged punk. I do plan on texting a Marine buddy of mine who is WM management in AL and see if he can shed any light on this OR if anyone knows... chime in please.
    7D0402D7-E59F-4C52-9221-C813AED69941.jpeg

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ask that very question , I was given the same answer, but I was buying spray paint . its a shame for all of society to be inconvenienced for nothing. Because we all know they will get what ever they want even if they have to steal it.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I ask that very question , I was given the same answer, but I was buying spray paint . its a shame for all of society to be inconvenienced for nothing. Because we all know they will get what ever they want even if they have to steal it.
    When I was stationed in California from 1999-2004, all major stores had paint and other inhalants locked up to decrease the theft of those items...

Reactions: FLT

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Did they type in a birth date or swipe your ID? Amazing they still sell alcohol which kills exponentially more people.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think it used to be for ammunition that could be used in a pistol. But anyway they have asked for my drivers license when buying ammo at the Pace Walmart. I have not purchased any ammo from them in a very long time.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Guy only looked at it...no swiping no entering age...probably a y/n screen came up and asked if I was “old enough”.
    The associate there made JJ look like a kid age wise.

Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been checking ID's a couple years now. Next will probably be no ammo sales after 8 pm. I wrote corporate last week to vent about their handgun ammo policy. Received a form letter in return

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It seems like a slippery slope when mega store corporations start creating in store policy setting requirements beyond what our laws call for, they basically are creating their own laws (if you want to use their stores). This is a problem when the stores are , in ways, as big as the government itself. This is realy getting bad when it comes to tech companies as well. I just don't think its as simple as "if you don't like our rules don't shop here" when we are dealing with these huge monopoly store and tech companies.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    With all the new policies and procedures in place for so many different retail outlets, I've just gone ahead and purchased a couple of annual memberships on certain websites. Free shipping and bulk ammo = win win. If I need a box or two of something I just go to Gulf Coast Gun in Milton now.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It burns my arse when they "scan" my ID. BB don't need to know what I bought. So I put a thin mirror-like foil on the back of my ID, yup its glued. No more scanning my purchases. :D

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    It seems like a slippery slope when mega store corporations start creating in store policy setting requirements beyond what our laws call for, they basically are creating their own laws (if you want to use their stores). This is a problem when the stores are , in ways, as big as the government itself. This is realy getting bad when it comes to tech companies as well. I just don't think its as simple as "if you don't like our rules don't shop here" when we are dealing with these huge monopoly store and tech companies.

it is Called the free market.

If you don’t like the way someone does business then do not buy from them.

You do not need regulations to prevent IDs being asked for (would not ever pass anyway).

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    it is Called the free market.

If you don’t like the way someone does business then do not buy from them.

You do not need regulations to prevent IDs being asked for (would not ever pass anyway).
    Is that the same free market that led to millions of American jobs lost to China and India?

Latest posts

Top Bottom