• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SMeyer524

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Found this guy roaming earlier in the week in Pace along Hawks Landing Circle and Chumuckla. Collar, no tag or microchip. Brought him to the vet, healthy, appears to be 1-2. Crate trained, house broken, understands basic commands. Somebody’s got to be looking for him. Please reach out if he looks familiar.

Attachments

• FC8F480E-F2AC-433F-9C87-F3F38F2AC97C.jpeg
      FC8F480E-F2AC-433F-9C87-F3F38F2AC97C.jpeg
      697.8 KB · Views: 101
    • 1EF3BFBF-3501-4809-A16C-A1FA44C3B650.jpeg
      1EF3BFBF-3501-4809-A16C-A1FA44C3B650.jpeg
      421.8 KB · Views: 105
    Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    He should remove the collar and take pictures for “Found Dog” signs. Put them up at the entry to the neighborhood. Make a new email address on yahoo if he doesn’t want to post a phone number.
    Ask for all inquiries to describe the dog’s collar, as a way to help verify and weedout the scammers. And, they can verify if he’s neutered or not (easy to see visually), or maybe he has a unique color pattern or profile on an ear, whatever.

Also, possibly more importantly, notify the shelters. If you lost your dog, you would check with the local shelters to see if someone turned it in.

There’s probably some social media BS that might actually be helpful, too. Others here would know about that crap...

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Found this guy roaming earlier in the week in Pace along Hawks Landing Circle and Chumuckla. Collar, no tag or microchip. Brought him to the vet, healthy, appears to be 1-2. Crate trained, house broken, understands basic commands. Somebody’s got to be looking for him. Please reach out if he looks familiar.
    Sounds like what Im looking for. Crate trained and an housebroken already....

Anyway, if you have Facebook, there's a few local pet groups that keep and eye out for when people lose their dogs.

SMeyer524

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Much appreciated, my wife has posted on several social media outlets. In the meantime he’s a great pup and gets along with my other two great. Of course I would love to return him to his owner, but happy to take care of him until then.

Attachments

• 51D13E56-2FA7-43D2-908C-F11B93B83B45.jpeg
      51D13E56-2FA7-43D2-908C-F11B93B83B45.jpeg
      697.8 KB · Views: 52

SMeyer524

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Update. After having him for about 36 hours, everything had been going great. Monday morning we were drinking our coffee hanging out and the dogs were all laying in the front room. He woke up and snapped. Grabbed our smaller dog (15lbs) and started ripping her apart. Multiple punctures and bruising, snapped her front leg clean in half and cause nerve damage. Our dog went into surgery Tuesday and we’re hoping she makes a full recovery, but not likely.

In the meantime another family with a German Shepard and some property had reached out early and he is with them now.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Update. After having him for about 36 hours, everything had been going great. Monday morning we were drinking our coffee hanging out and the dogs were all laying in the front room. He woke up and snapped. Grabbed our smaller dog (15lbs) and started ripping her apart. Multiple punctures and bruising, snapped her front leg clean in half and cause nerve damage. Our dog went into surgery Tuesday and we’re hoping she makes a full recovery, but not likely.

In the meantime another family with a German Shepard and some property had reached out early and he is with them now.
    Holy $hit. If some random dog attacked and injured one of our "family members" I'd give it a dirtnap. Good job on showing restraint. Sorry to hear your act of goodwill caused trouble.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Wow - I guess Im not going to get a rescue. Ill stick to looking for a puppy.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Good news, bad news...I too am sorry that you suffered loss while being a good person

SMeyer524

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Holy $hit. If some random dog attacked and injured one of our "family members" I'd give it a dirtnap. Good job on showing restraint. Sorry to hear your act of goodwill caused trouble.
    It was a shit show. 8 in the morning, drinking coffee with the wife, kids in the playroom. Blood, pee, poop everywhere. It’s almost a blur as I was grabbing the dogs collar, wife trying to grab our dog, kids going crazy and my other pooch trying to save her sister, the injured pup.

I’ll be honest, didn’t cross my mind to put him in the dirt. We were in the house, kids watching, wife in the middle. Something like that would scar them for life. When the dust settled, he acted like nothing happened. But I knew he had to go.

It really is to bad when something like this happens. Monetarily it was a lot. But the guilt my wife feels sucks. The pain our pup feels, sucks and the kiddos don’t understand, they think we should’ve kept him and worked with him.

Our pup is family and I can’t say I’m glad it was her, but if that was one of my kids, that dog would be dead. Lesson learned.

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    That kind of behavior may have been the reason he was “lost” and roaming free with nobody out looking for him. Prior owner maybe didn’t have the heart to put him down or take him to the pound and just dropped him off somewhere. In any event, sad situation for all concerned including the critters.

Top Bottom