• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ALL transfers would have to go through an FFL. They will charge whatever they are allowed. Read the summary in post 3.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'm not gonna be complying with that then. I'd be fine if they would let me run a background just to know the buyer is legit and in some instances I've not sold a gun cause the buyer was acting sketchy. A background does not include any weapon info and does not even verify a sale or purchase. I will not be party to a registry or to an FFL transfer just to transfer private property. These folks have lost their minds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrose

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Overstepping like this could possibly be the black swan that leads to succession. I’ve noticed a ton of big tech and super elite moving to Texas. 2 reasons. 1. Texas is the only state that can support itself without the federal government. 2. Texas has a congressman that has introduced succession legislation . These rich may know something we don’t. I think we are on the cusp of a full on Balkanization of the US. No one ever thought the Soviet Union would and could split so fast. With enough draconian laws and more and more Americans seeing through the bullshit, succession may just be outright demanded by the people. Time will tell.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    BIPARTISAN BACKGROUND CHECKS ACT OF 2021Section by SectionSEC 1. SHORT TITLE.Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021.SEC 2. PURPOSE. The purpose of this Act is to utilize the current background checks process in the United States to ensure individuals prohibited from gun possession are not able to obtain firearms.SEC 3.FIREARMS TRANSFERS•(a)To make it illegal for any person who is not a licensed firearm importer, manufacturer or dealer to transfer a firearm to any otherperson who is not so licensed without a background check.

I believe this may be complimentary to the most recent COVID recovery legislation. This should stimulate new businesses in the big cities where NIC check businesses are created to run checks on all the drug dealers and gang bangers that need the gov ok to buy their illegal weapons!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Federal gunlaws are based on the government's right to regulate interstate commerce. Me selling my neighbor a gun is not interstate commerce. I hope the supreme court does the right thing if this comes there way.

glens

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Federal gunlaws are based on the government's right to regulate interstate commerce. Me selling my neighbor a gun is not interstate commerce. I hope the supreme court does the right thing if this comes there way.
    Don't bet on the Supreme Court for anything. Thomas and Alido are really the only 2 We can trust.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Why does your post say, edited by a moderator?? Is there not free speech? Is the word dicks not allowed on an adult forum?
    Guess we gotta keep it clean for all those underage kids looking for gun information on the forum.....I'm 15 years oilfield. It's just how I talk.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Crabbyguy said:

The death of free speech, sad day
    Hi, welcome to forum. Yes you need to keep it clean.
    The use of the forum is free and members do not set the rules.
    I am not paying and neither are you to use it. Usually if I get upset with a forum, without a word I just stop logging on to it and go elsewhere.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Crabbyguy said:

The death of free speech, sad day

The use of the forum is free and members do not set the rules.
    I am not paying and neither are you to use it. Usually if I get upset with a forum, without a word I just stop logging on to it and go elsewhere.
    Really? I know all this. I’m sure if you wanna be a mod there are other ways of going about it beside stumping for them.
    I got all I needed from the mod that posted right before yours. I’m sure he doesn’t need your help.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is not clear is if the dealer fills out the 4473

""SEC 3.FIREARMS TRANSFERS•(a)To make it illegal for any person who is not a licensed firearm importer, manufacturer or dealer to transfer a firearm to any otherperson who is not so licensed without a background check. Individuals seeking to transfer a firearm under this section would be required to visit a licensed firearms dealer to run the necessary background check before the transfer is finalized.•(1)(B) Upon taking possession of a firearm, the licensed firearms dealer would perform the background check as though the gun were part of the dealer’s own inventory. •(1)(C) If for some reason a transferunder this sectioncannot be completed for any reason, thereturn of the firearm would not constitute a transferand the dealer would be permitted to return the firearm to the seller without having to conduct a background check."""

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    You'd have to have a 4473 or some new implemented form for this type of sale. Next question is does the ffl now charge you twice, or is the paperwork only to the buyer? I'd bet all FFL wi raise their price. They will be inundated with transfers on a daily basis. May even need a new employee! That cost money. You can bet they will charge the maximum the law will allow.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Another question. Can we be felons in the parking lot of an FFL checking out a gun we wish to "transfer"
    The last thing I would want in my place of business is a bunch of guys walking in and pointing a pistol, shouldering a rifle or popping uppers and slides off.
    Now I've never met anyone that didn't buy from me, but I know there are people out there like that. Take a basic Anderson ar15 and do a complete teardown to make sure it's legit.
    No time or space in a storefront for this, but if you're out at your truck the atf could call it intent.
    So many variables. They really are trying to making it hard.

Top Bottom