• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Anyone use them much? Says non corrosive, I've never had anything rust, I always oil, if not a full clean after I get it out and shoot. Can't keep the rust off ANYTHING I've put tulammo primers through????

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I’ve shot tens of thousands. 99% varieties of small rifle, the rest large pistol. No rust problems. However guns are in a dehumidifide room at 50% humidity.

RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I’ve shot tens of thousands. 99% varieties of small rifle, the rest large pistol. No rust problems.
    Maybe I should put this in a different section, but while I'm on the topic, what about older wolf steel case 7.62x39? Had a BCA upper forever ago I ran brass through, always clean, if I don't clean, wipe down and oil same day. Shot through a few hundred rounds of that old wolf steel, bore about rusted out of it in a week. Never had it happen before or since then. Can't explain that one.

I wasn't thinking they (primers) were corrosive, I just couldn't come up with any other explanation

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    I've never had a problem with any Wolf Primers or Ammo.

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    Sure it was Wolf? A lot of Norinco was corrosive, even boxes that said Non-Corrosive.
    Vympel Russian is corrosive.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    100% sure. It's very very old stuff though
    Haven't had any corrosive wolf ammo and that's counting even old gun show finds.

So far as wolf primers only issues I've noticed is when using srp with revolver loads ( other brands ran fine). Though that issue and with my m1 could have been due to seating.

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had some very old russian ammo purchased in the 90's that said corrosive. During height of the lockdown period ammo shortage SGAmmo was importing some corrosive ammo. It was russian mil spec that in russia had the steel core bullets removed and lead core one reseated on it. It was specifically stated to be corrosive. If the barrel is not stainless or chromium I at least oil it anyway. This should be done at the shooting bench and the gun cleaned when one gets home.

Top Bottom