• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Loving my new CZ. I've shot quite a few different factory loads without issue. I go to reload and do a plunk test. Damn this gun has a short throat. With a 122gr truncated cone the longest OAL that will fit without hitting the lands is 1.055. that's pushing the projectile deep into the case with barely any of the straight wall showing before the taper. Anyone else load TC bullets for a CZ and had any pointers? I'm used to my beretta which is very forgiving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have short throat chambers and use .355” sized bullets and they shoot fine. You can also have the chamber reamed at a minimal cost and not have to worry about OAL.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah, looking on different forums and other sources, looks like reaming is the best option. Seems to not affect accuracy or reliability aside from allowing it to accept a wider variety of bullets (both factory and reloads).
    Any recommendations on who to take it to for reaming? Should be a pretty quick process and cost between 20-30 bucks from what I've read. Cheaper to pay someone to do it who already has the tooling than buy the tool and do it myself.

Baldwin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm shooting Bayou Bullets truncated cone in 124 gr. in a Shadow 2. I load them with an OAL of. 1.030". They are very accurate.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm shooting Bayou Bullets truncated cone in 124 gr. in a Shadow 2. I load them with an OAL of. 1.030". They are very accurate.
    What powder are you using? I was trying unique but even at minimum load for 124gr it would be compressing with the depth I'm seating. Might try titegroup, CFE pistol, or a few others in my inventory.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks Baldwin. I'll experiment. Setting so deep always has me worried about overpressure

Top Bottom