• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Weather underground station about 4 miles north of me in Cannon Town says we’re getting 28/mph winds with gusts to 54/mph in Baker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey Sarge, tell me 'bout it. We are still fixing damage in Panama City at my wife's family home from two years ago. We are down to drywall and ceiling. All the good contractors are busy and way over priced. The insurance estimate did not plan for the price of everything to go up. Now we are repairing Sally's damage in Pensacola. Getting spread too thin. Too old for this much excitement.

We got neighbors that have had work going one since Jan 2019, so a few months after Michael kicked our asses. They still aren't done.

A year or so ago, there were plenty of contractors still around here, now they are as rare as hens teeth. They got as much money as the could, as fast as they could, then went home or to the next disaster area.

Those that are still here or are local are as you said over priced, over worked, or the opposite. Seen to many neighbors having to have roofs, siding, flooring redone due to shoddy work. One neighbor of ours is on their second metal roof post storm and are in litigation to have it redone.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    A woman flooded her car out driving through the flooded roadway, and she can’t understand why I won’t run my bobcat into the saltwater to pull her out. I’ll pull you out after the water goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the weather gurus have another storm in the Caribbean with a 50% chance of development as of this AM. I guess I'll keep my window shutters down and panels up a little longer. I sure hope we don't need them.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I was on Avalon Blvd last night when the tornado warning for all of Garcon Point and Pea Ridge came on the radio. My F150 was getting thrown all over the road and there was zero visibility in the heavy rain. I turned the truck around and got the heck off of Avalon Blvd. I called Mr. Safety First who lives out there and told him to get downstairs now and and he was like "it's not even raining here, why?", so I'm pretty sure that I drove through a tornado last night

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on Avalon Blvd last night when the tornado warning for all of Garcon Point and Pea Ridge came on the radio. My F150 was getting thrown all over the road and there was zero visibility in the heavy rain. I turned the truck around and got the heck off of Avalon Blvd. I called Mr. Safety First who lives out there and told him to get downstairs now and and he was like "it's not even raining here, why?", so I'm pretty sure that I drove through a tornado last night
    You drove through something for sure. I know that there are other strong wind movements are more linear. I was at home watching both Channel 3 discuss that moving cluster. I could not make heads or tails of what they were showing from some sort of doppler radar. But i could see it on my weather.com radar and watch it move North.

For a strong well organized tornado I have heard and read claims it sounds like a train coming.

Depending on the twister and where you're standing, it can sound like a hiss, a buzz, a rumble, or even a freight train. It's the auditory manifestation of trouble. But tornadoes also seem to emit low-frequency sound waves called infrasound that the human ear can't hear.

In addition to a constant rumble or low roar, tornadoes can also sound like:

• waterfall or whooshing of air
    • A nearby jet engine
    • A deafening roar

When a tornado is tearing through a big city or a heavily populated area, it can produce lots of loud noises simultaneously, making it impossible to hear a particular sound because the sound is so deafeningly loud.

Why Tornadoes Are So Loud

No matter what sound is heard, most survivors agree on one thing: the loudness.

A tornado's vortex is made up of air that's rotating very rapidly. Think of how loud wind sounds when you are driving down the highway with your car window down, except multiply that by several hundred times.

What's more, after the tornado reaches the ground, its winds blow through trees, tear apart buildings, and blow debris about—all which adds to the noise level.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This what it looks like now and where and what it might be doing. The question is it going to make a 90 degree turn to the north. As it is now we are safe up here, but one never knows after sally and zeta.

1604098655310.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A facebook friend on our dog page in Manila has this coming his way. It is now a cat 5.

SUPER TYPHOON GONI

Oct 3100:00 GMT15.3128.8185 mph--Super Typhoon5

1604119700037.png

Top Bottom