• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Cetme action, like h&k or Fal. I'm guessing only option is heavier recoil spring. Thoughts? ** I'm not "recoil sensitive " but after 80 rds it stings a bit. Also hard to get 2nd shot off accurately.

Attachments

• 20200602_161541.jpg
      20200602_161541.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 199
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    As a general rule,the heavier the spring,the MORE perceived recoil,not the less.
    Same in a pistol. --- SAWMAN

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    recoil reducing muzzle breaks, there are a few on the market, some better than others, I use a Lantac Dragon on my M1A and it makes a huge differance both in recoil and muzzle rise, do some research on the net.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Come on James . . . ? . . . TOO MUCH recoil out of a 308 semi auto.
    Guess that you will never be a candidate to help me empty all 60 pieces of 450B brass that came with my gun.
    OH WELL . . . ---- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Back to brake's . . . I will sell you THE BEST. (check the ratings on line) - - -> Precision Armament M4-72 Severe Duty. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: It is threaded 5/8 X 24. Will reduce that recoil down to that of a 22 CB cap.
    AND: I also have a JP "tank" type brake designed for the 308. I had it on a FN waaaaay back when. They are rated at #2 in the "how do they work" category.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Come on James . . . ? . . . TOO MUCH recoil out of a 308 semi auto.
    Guess that you will never be a candidate to help me empty all 60 pieces of 450B brass that came with my gun.
    OH WELL . . . ---- SAWMAN

In my ar they are soft compared to the c308. Dont blast those away, I have brass and some 300 gr 45's hp's I'm not using. Trade ya or something and give ya the emptys back.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    recoil reducing muzzle breaks, there are a few on the market, some better than others, I use a Lantac Dragon on my M1A and it makes a huge differance both in recoil and muzzle rise, do some research on the net.

Had a factory chevron brake on it that was better, but it would not index right after a few hundred rounds. ** tried new washer no luck.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    "Factory" means it was obtained from who da fork knows where,and was screwed on by who da fork knows who,without any recoil mitigation studies or engineering. --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For the G2 there is locking piece with different angle for the rollers meant for a dedicated full auto version of the G3 that is said to reduce felt recoil and some has already mentioned an improved butter.
    RCM HK STYLE LOCKING PIECE #17/36 DEG.
    $50.00

The RCM #17/36 Deg. Locking Piece is one of the best ways to slow down & tame that 21). Can also be used for HK91/G3 special projects such as suppressors, & heavier than normal loads. This is also the factory correct locking piece for all HK21E’s. This can be adapted to many HK custom builds & applications. This locking piece is the lowest degree of any locking piece available in the wide range of HK’s locking piece family. The HK German #17 locking piece is no longer in production or available. So get the US made version of it and save big!
    1591388636364.png

1591388744611.png

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recoil mitigation is the best reason to use a suppressor. Even in a .308.
    That is in exchange for a change in handling, barrel harmonics, legal regulations, and changes in functioning. The unlocking cycle is altered and you get battering at the rear of the receiver. below is somones attempt to explain it.
    Ok ill explain it, the suppressor adds to the length of the barrel. the system is timed to open at the stock length. when you add another 10+ inches to the barrel it wont have time to bleed off the excess pressure. so when the bolt opens its over gassed/more pressure than stock. which will batter the back of the stock breaking the tack welds on the cap.

So to make it work right you need a more sloped Locking Block the #17 is slower and compensates for the excess pressure. I run mine this way. Works great and dosnt fling the brass 100 yards down range.
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Suppressing-a-PTR91-or-HK-G3-clone/5-2108923/

Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    That is in exchange for a change in handling, barrel harmonics, legal regulations, and changes in functioning. The unlocking cycle is altered and you get battering at the rear of the receiver. below is somones attempt to explain it.
    I stand corrected.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Huh . . ?? . . my HK91 and 93 sling brass so far that you can only find it if you are standing on a basketball court.
    My guns are made this way. They are designed to do this. Hmmmmmm . . . wonder why ?? --- SAWMAN

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Huh . . ?? . . my HK91 and 93 sling brass so far that you can only find it if you are standing on a basketball court.
    My guns are made this way. They are designed to do this. Hmmmmmm . . . wonder why ?? --- SAWMAN
    They are delayed roller lock blow back with fluted chambers. Put a suppressor and the unlocking is apt to be even more violent

Top Bottom