The new Browning A5 “wicked wings” vs SBEIII trying to decide…

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have several BenellI shotguns that I use often. Recently I went a looked at the SBEIII. The only must have in this new shotgun is a 28” barrel as all my other g7ns are shorter barrels. After looking at the SBEIII my consensus was that it would fill the void. About the minute I was gonna “pull the trigger” my buddy working the gun counter handed me a new A5 “Wicked Wings” gun and I really liked it. Balanced like a baton, fitment was on point with my stature and it pointed amazingl… now i dunno which I like the best. I know there are both great guns just can’t decide on which one. I wasn’t really as big a fan of the SBEIII as I thought I’d be and really like their SBEII a little better. does anyone have any real world expirence with these guns? which do you have? How do you like it? Good, and bad? Y’all help a fella out and hit me with some feedback. Thanks, mullet…

freetheeagle

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can’t help you in terms of experience with either but after 8 years of shooting sporting clays the most important thing I look for in a gun is how it fits me. Features may be great but don’t mean much if the gun isn’t shooting where you are looking. Sounds to me like the A5 is the best one for you from your description of its feel and balance. As for function and reliability both companies make excellent products.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I can’t help you in terms of experience with either but after 8 years of shooting sporting clays the most important thing I look for in a gun is how it fits me. Features may be great but don’t mean much if the gun isn’t shooting where you are looking. Sounds to me like the A5 is the best one for you from your description of its feel and balance. As for function and reliability both companies make excellent products.
    Most important thing…

Ugafan84

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Certainly agree with it fitting the shooter. I also went to a shop with every intention on buying a SBE3. I came out with a Browning maxus 2 wicked wing after spending about two hours of shouldering both of them over and over. I’m happy with my decision because of the way it fit me. Both are very reliable guns no doubt but it’s got to fit you the shooter.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My brother says he will not buy a gun that did not feel like a good handshake, it just fits when it does.

If you have not, try the shouldering test I have read of for shotguns. Both eyes open, pick a target off to the side, and as you mount the gun turn as if tracking a bird and see if the bead points to the selected target after the barrel covers it. If it does, it will shoot better for you than one that will not.

I watched a PBS special the other night and it was about bird hunting in England. The craftsmanship they put into bird guns is amazing!

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I went with a beretta a400 extreme unico cause I got a deal but bothe the maxis II and the A5 still have me hypnotize. I have three beNellis so I figured I’d try a different brand all together.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunted one duck season with a borrowed Super Black Eagle. Don’t recall which model. Great gun.

Bought a Browning A5 Wicked Wings. It fit me better. Love it.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I like the new beretta we shall see how much when I put a few rounds of clays through it. Sad thing is I’ve already found my next one… I was looking hard at the Browning wicked wings line and was torn between the two until I stumbled upon the Fabarm XLR5 waterfowl guns… I’m a sick man… A gun buying sickness… I just got the box open on the Beretta and I’m gonna have to have that new Fabarm Timber Viper before summer time…

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom