• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just Lookin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My brother has one his wife loves it. I'll get the make in the morning He had to replace battery couple months ago. Other than that does great they say.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    More info, 100% hardwood floors. Have 3 dogs, 45-55 lbs short lenght hair.

Attachments

• 20200414_083357_1590892094482.jpg
      20200414_083357_1590892094482.jpg
      626.1 KB · Views: 205

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have 2 of the iLife V5s units and have had them for 2 years or so now. They work great and at a fraction of the cost of the name brand ones. No fancy phone app or anything but they suck up a bunch of dirt and run for a good time period. Sometimes they get lost trying to find the charger but we have a big house. Battery life is probably 45 minutes to an hour. It works great over rugs and had a sensor for stairs where it won't fall down them. (well, one did once and went down 15 stone steps and didn't suffer any damage).

The only complaint is the collection container fills up too fast and we have to empty 2-3 times during the run. We don't run daily though and probably need to. We did have it automatically run in the morning but had a puppy and got out of the habit. Needless to say, puppy poop becomes sidewalk chalk for the robovac and that thing will draw poop lines all over the house. Not fun.

We have 2 big dogs that shed 1/2 their weight every day. Travertine floors throughout the house and several area rugs. We did have to raise up one chair with rubber feet because it angled back and the vac would get stuck.

Edit: I just searched and they have a Ilife V8s model that has twice the capacity. I'm going to order me one tomorrow and see how it works.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Santa brought one for my wife. We have a cat and a small dog. It was the cheaper one on amazon with the highest rating. Works great

Light82

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The wife and I live ours. We have the iRobot I7 and it works great. Has a mapping feature that makes sure it hits every bit of flooring and can connect to smart devices. Plus there is no shortage of replacement parts.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We have the Roomba i7+ and the s9+. Both map and most important self empty. We have 5 labradors that spend most of the time indoors and they shed constantly. Neither model have a problem with dog hair but the s9+ requires more cleaning (blowing out the dust bin to clean the 'Bin full sensor' than the i7+. Conversely it has a more powerful suction that can be adjusted. Both can be controlled from a smart phone, parts are easily acquired from Amazon or local big box like Bed Bath and Beyond. Neither are cheap but same for my firearms and I have never been denied...so if momma is happy life is good.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    We have the Roomba i7+ and the s9+. Both map and most important self empty. We have 5 labradors that spend most of the time indoors and they shed constantly. Neither model have a problem with dog hair but the s9+ requires more cleaning (blowing out the dust bin to clean the 'Bin full sensor' thank the i7+. Conversely it has a more power suction that can be adjusted. Both can be controlled from a smart phone, parts are easily acquired from Amazon or local big box like Bed Bath and Beyond. Neither are cheap but same for my firearms and I have never been denied...so if momma is happy life is god.

happy wife, happy life...

happy happy happy

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Save the money to buy another gun!
    Or, Buy yourself a Tin Man costume, grab a broom and make a motor noise as you sweep. The wife just might like it!
    Or get her an iRobot. They work pretty good.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    so confusing...we just had laminate laid, but the the wife puts area rugs and runners all over the house. She would really like a mopper too but all runners and little rugs would have to be picked up so that sounds like more work for me. The ones with just the little sweepers does not look as good as the ones with a roller,correct me if not true, but need the rugs doen too she put down as well as the low pile carpets in bedrooms. 2 old adults and a small short hair dog. I don't mind trying a $200 model and move into a $600 one. How about ones where someone upgraded and trying a used one first? Thanks

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No she dislikes guns and I could care less about her free time,all we have is free time...so there is that!

Top Bottom