• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We have 2 of the iLife V5s units and have had them for 2 years or so now. They work great and at a fraction of the cost of the name brand ones. No fancy phone app or anything but they suck up a bunch of dirt and run for a good time period. Sometimes they get lost trying to find the charger but we have a big house. Battery life is probably 45 minutes to an hour. It works great over rugs and had a sensor for stairs where it won't fall down them. (well, one did once and went down 15 stone steps and didn't suffer any damage).

The only complaint is the collection container fills up too fast and we have to empty 2-3 times during the run. We don't run daily though and probably need to. We did have it automatically run in the morning but had a puppy and got out of the habit. Needless to say, puppy poop becomes sidewalk chalk for the robovac and that thing will draw poop lines all over the house. Not fun.

We have 2 big dogs that shed 1/2 their weight every day. Travertine floors throughout the house and several area rugs. We did have to raise up one chair with rubber feet because it angled back and the vac would get stuck.

Edit: I just searched and they have a Ilife V8s model that has twice the capacity. I'm going to order me one tomorrow and see how it works.

How did the new one work?? Could probably trade a few boxes of 9mm for one.. :)

poppop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    yes, two. We stopped using because the vacs needed lots of attention because of pet hair fouling the bearings, filters and brushes. Brooms are easier. They are great to keep a clean floor clean if you do not have lots of pet hair to contend with.

brooms are easier. besides the wife likes to take one to fly around the house on full moon nights. just saying.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    REBEL, Is your Lady the fine woman that builds ARs from your parts spares? If so, you buy her anything she wants that will give her more free time! If not its back to the broom and dustpan. Lol
    Well i tried. She's now decided she dosent want one, lol. She's afraid it will make the red healer mental, too late....

Attachments

• Dallas.jpg
      Dallas.jpg
      121.5 KB · Views: 78

Ingramite

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ours didn't work out too well.

My wife wanted to try one so reluctantly I went along with the folly.
    I knew it was doomed when it came time to program the schedule when this thing would run.
    I explained to her that if you tell me 8am then this baby is going to fire off regardless of what you are doing or trying to watch on TV at 8am.

That lasted exactly two days.
    While I'm at work she figures out how to program the brain....or so she thought.
    More like she activated the Random Mode. All hours of the day and night this thing would fire up and make a racket.

I was amazed by it. It learned where the furniture that it couldn't pass under was located and would go around.
    The dust bin required frequent emptying too. It wasn't like you just pulled the pin and let it rip.

It ended up in the same pile as our H&P printer that wouldn't let me put any ink cartridges in that were not automatically sent to me by H&P and two WiFi modems that refused to WiFi and an old Apple laptop. All of these sweethearts went on the berm behind the targets at the range. I had a great time blasting all of them with .38 Super slugs. I just watched the meanness and onryness drain out of them into the dirt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom