Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

The Ms. Wants a robot vacuum.

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

ccather

Reaction score
yes, two. We stopped using because the vacs needed lots of attention because of pet hair fouling the bearings, filters and brushes. Brooms are easier. They are great to keep a clean floor clean if you do not have lots of pet hair to contend with.

Just Lookin

Reaction score
My brother has one his wife loves it. I'll get the make in the morning He had to replace battery couple months ago. Other than that does great they say.

Fanner50

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
"If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Just buy it for her. Keep momma happy. If it turns out to be a dud, you can say I told you so. LOL

SouthBound

Reaction score
We have 2 of the iLife V5s units and have had them for 2 years or so now. They work great and at a fraction of the cost of the name brand ones. No fancy phone app or anything but they suck up a bunch of dirt and run for a good time period. Sometimes they get lost trying to find the charger but we have a big house. Battery life is probably 45 minutes to an hour. It works great over rugs and had a sensor for stairs where it won't fall down them. (well, one did once and went down 15 stone steps and didn't suffer any damage).

The only complaint is the collection container fills up too fast and we have to empty 2-3 times during the run. We don't run daily though and probably need to. We did have it automatically run in the morning but had a puppy and got out of the habit. Needless to say, puppy poop becomes sidewalk chalk for the robovac and that thing will draw poop lines all over the house. Not fun.

We have 2 big dogs that shed 1/2 their weight every day. Travertine floors throughout the house and several area rugs. We did have to raise up one chair with rubber feet because it angled back and the vac would get stuck.

Edit: I just searched and they have a Ilife V8s model that has twice the capacity. I'm going to order me one tomorrow and see how it works.

capt.joe

Reaction score
Santa brought one for my wife. We have a cat and a small dog. It was the cheaper one on amazon with the highest rating. Works great

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
robot vac would run crying to his robot mama at my house....6 dogs, 3 cats, sand & leaf debris outside...

broom is better for me.

Light82

Reaction score
The wife and I live ours. We have the iRobot I7 and it works great. Has a mapping feature that makes sure it hits every bit of flooring and can connect to smart devices. Plus there is no shortage of replacement parts.

Famine

Reaction score
We have the Roomba i7+ and the s9+. Both map and most important self empty. We have 5 labradors that spend most of the time indoors and they shed constantly. Neither model have a problem with dog hair but the s9+ requires more cleaning (blowing out the dust bin to clean the 'Bin full sensor' than the i7+. Conversely it has a more powerful suction that can be adjusted. Both can be controlled from a smart phone, parts are easily acquired from Amazon or local big box like Bed Bath and Beyond. Neither are cheap but same for my firearms and I have never been denied...so if momma is happy life is good.

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
We have the Roomba i7+ and the s9+. Both map and most important self empty. We have 5 labradors that spend most of the time indoors and they shed constantly. Neither model have a problem with dog hair but the s9+ requires more cleaning (blowing out the dust bin to clean the 'Bin full sensor' thank the i7+. Conversely it has a more power suction that can be adjusted. Both can be controlled from a smart phone, parts are easily acquired from Amazon or local big box like Bed Bath and Beyond. Neither are cheap but same for my firearms and I have never been denied...so if momma is happy life is god.

happy wife, happy life...

happy happy happy

Jerry

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
Save the money to buy another gun!
Or, Buy yourself a Tin Man costume, grab a broom and make a motor noise as you sweep. The wife just might like it!
Or get her an iRobot. They work pretty good.

standles

Reaction score
Make it do dbl duty. Have it sweep at night. Mount a pistol on it and let it do sentry duty as well. ;)

Toggle Sidebar