• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting story about the man who created the Interarms company. Quite a confident and savvy individual.

"At one point, we had 700,000 rifles, machine guns, pistols and submachine guns stored in our warehouses in Alexandria," Cummings told The Washington Post in 1986. "We could have instantly overwhelmed the American armed forces. We could have armed 700,000 mercenaries that could have goose-stepped right over the [Arlington] Memorial Bridge….We also had 150 pieces of artillery, ranging from 25 mm to 150 mm….So, if I didn't like a particular piece of legislation in the Congress, I could have phoned up the speaker and I could have said, 'My armies will be rolling over to the Capitol, if you don't do something about that."

Fortunately, Cummings was clearly joking. Well aware that such quotes were catnip to reporters, he was famously candid with the press, a remarkable trait for an arms dealer.

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And to think those $85-100 mausers are going for crazy money. By the time I was old enough the $75 sks was around. Then the norinco ban. Afraid the surplus days are gone forever.

Top Bottom