• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotwing

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Let me begin by a saying that every interaction that I have had on this forum has been a positive one. As far as person to person sales go, there is no substitute for a sense of community and accountability. This forum has both and we are lucky to have it- some of y’all have worked really hard to make/keep it this way. Thanks.

That said, there are other places online to find arms and floridaguns etc... Being the experimenter that’s I am, I occasionally get the urge to try something new and have foolishly wandered outside of GCGF in order to find it. Most of the time, it’s not bad. But the accountability factor is non-existent. And while I value privacy very highly, the anonymous nature of the other sites does warrant a heightened level of awareness at all stages of any interaction- whereas here, reputation goes a looooong way.

“What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Some men, you just can't reach.

So you get what we had here last week”

That movie quote came to mind yesterday on my drive home from Crestview- empty handed (well, at least I still had my cash). Against my better judgement, I broke some of my own rules (distance from home, solid communication, stuff like that) and ended up wasting my morning- lesson learned.

It was pretty irritating, but I am going to give the other party the benefit of doubt and chock it all up to a tech glitch- something that I don’t think is possible in this group (at least in the way that this one occurred).

At any rate, GCGF is now the ONLY place online that I will go for person to person shooting sports interaction. There is a good possibility that the other party involved is on this forum, and in case he isn’t I will be emailing him this morning to suggest that he join. No hard feelings, these things happen.

But yeah, GCGF for the win- AL and FGT are no longer an option.

Happy Shooting Everyone
    dc6b76f3a53c0bcdb110ddcdf711382e.jpg

e86e65c7310319d7c284601d8b1f7e5d.jpg

7e1550f53fb6e3cc3f9e08e3b053285e.jpg

75b5edf50f4ec2a13d54b82e0ab150e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    What? flakes and scams on armslist? I've had two in the last week. Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ve only had one interaction on this site that gave me pause, I think he was selling stolen goods. Every other I’ve had has been top notch, both product and personal interaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom