• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aren’t ARs takedown with 2 pins already?

$400 to add 2 more pins to takedown.

Attachments

• 85DC9486-D828-494E-8F02-F8C14860D5A1.jpeg
      85DC9486-D828-494E-8F02-F8C14860D5A1.jpeg
      644.2 KB · Views: 113

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah expensive, it's the same thing the Air Force is using on the AR installed in the ejection seat survival kit.

The upper and lower receivers stay attached to one another and the barrel is removable. Guess it would work great for a shooter by allowing them to change out barrel profiles without having to have several populated upper receivers.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I think I'd rather have that folding ar that came out a few years ago. You can't do much with half a gun. At least a hinge would keep the halves together.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Ruger pc carbine would be better.
    Or any other compact side folding PCC that can fire while folded and doesn't require reassembly to fire (under stress and having just been shot down, so probably under fire and already injured as well). The new Ruger PCC in pistol configuration with a brace is one that can be SBR'd and pressed into service, so are the Vector, Uzi Pro and Stribog. As far as flying around with a bunch of ammo on standby, never to be used probably, the 9mm weighs a lot less and packs more compactly than 5.56. Space and weight are at a premium on any aircraft

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I think I'd rather have that folding ar that came out a few years ago. You can't do much with half a gun. At least a hinge would keep the halves together.
    You're on the right track with keeping the two halves at least bolted together. Being able to fire while folded is where it's at, though. And not needing reassembly after an emergency or some other stressful or catastrophic event trumps any caliber considerations. It's "grab and go" time, not "time out while I fiddle with putting my shit back together" time

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I personally would not want a pcc, especially if I already have a pistol with my flight equipment. So something that fires when folded... Ak47 or Sig Rattler (I think it's called that). Also I haven't looked into 5.7. But there certainly is a lot of interesting designs around this round.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Found it...F&D Defense XAR Invicta. When these came out, I was hot and heavy to get one. Forgot about them. Wonder what they sell for now a days?....

Top Bottom