• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Shot 45 colt thru the 12ga today. Have 357,45 and 9mm inserts rifled. Only 8 inch but it is accurate. Just a fun gun, could be handy in a camping, hiking, Biden elected situation. With the insert down the bore it causes a quieting effect, especially with subsonic ammo, bonus. Dont know what kind of power I'm getting out of a 7 inch barrel but if handguns can take game this one should too and no pressure loss. Probably around 870 fps for the colt.

Attachments

• 20200506_135428.jpg
      20200506_135428.jpg
      1.4 MB · Views: 226
    Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Which inserts are you using? Any issues removing them after firing?
    They are made by short lane. Sometimes you have to bump them with a cleaning rod to get the insert out when you are done. The have 2 orings on the insert to hold it in. The shells sometime stick, dirty. A gutair pick can get them out or a small screwdriver.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Thanks. I looked at them after drilling back to find your original post. Short Lane is sold out!

A search found a similar product, Chaszel adapters made in the US by Central Tooling Inc. They had some items in stock and by varying length and finish I got 4 adapters that enable shooting 6 calibers in my 12 gauge single or double; 38/357, 9mm, 45 Colt/410, and 20 gauge.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Thanks. I looked at them after drilling back to find your original post. Short Lane is sold out!

A search found a similar product, Chaszel adapters made in the US by Central Tooling Inc. They had some items in stock and by varying length and finish I got 4 adapters that enable shooting 6 calibers in my 12 gauge single or double; 38/357, 9mm, 45 Colt/410, and 20 gauge.

There's another company that makes the X series. I hope you got the rifled ones. You'll enjoy them. .22 is fun as well.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shot 45 colt thru the 12ga today. Have 357,45 and 9mm inserts rifled. Only 8 inch but it is accurate. Just a fun gun, could be handy in a camping, hiking, Biden elected situation. With the insert down the bore it causes a quieting effect, especially with subsonic ammo, bonus. Dont know what kind of power I'm getting out of a 7 inch barrel but if handguns can take game this one should too and no pressure loss. Probably around 870 fps for the colt.
    There is the metro system to make shotguns quiet without need to do ATF NFA paper work.

https://www.guns.com/news/2012/11/10/the-metro-gun-subsonic-shotgun-barrel-system
    Using special sub-sonic ammunition designed with the cooperation of Federal, a shotgun equipped with the Metro Gun System operates at about 72 decibels. Even with super-sonic ammo the crack at the muzzle is just 82 decibels.

It makes sense. A suppressor is a device that captures the gas escaping from the muzzle of a barrel. This barrel is so long, and has such great gas capacity, that it does the same job. The only difference, besides being massive, is that—legally-speaking, according to the ATF—it’s not a silencer. Which means that there’s no special process to get one, and it’s legal in all 50 states, even for hunting.

The Metro Gun System was developed for shotgun shooting in areas or at times when noise was not a desirable effect. As a secondary effect, the Metro Gun System will reduce felt recoil by as much as 80%, and when used with special sub-sonic ammunition, developed by both Federal Cartridge and L.P.Brezny, eliminates the need for hearing protection. When fired, the Metro Gun extension, installed on a 12 gauge won't even set off hearing sound reduction equipment. The decibel readings are about 72db. https://www.metrogun.com/index.html

1588898999744.png

Reactions: FLT

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, first the name "metro", lol. Does a red flag pop out when you shoot? Crazy stuff
    For some reason I can see you with a home made metro. Get a length of 3/4 galvanized water pipe and silver solder it to an old single barreled 12 g.

Top Bottom