Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

Synthetic stock construction

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Murfpcola

Reaction score
I have a Winchester Defender 1300 and was thinking about a “bird’s head” grip like on my Shockwave. I was wondering about cutting down and reshaping a standard synthetic shoulder stock into a bird’s head grip. Anyone ever do this? Is that part of the stock solid? Just thinking of doing this if I can find an extra stock for cheap. I already have a pistol grip for it but just looking to scratch the itch of playing with a shotgun project.

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
"Tink" on it with your knuckles. HOLLOW !!
DON'T CUT IT. --- SAWMAN

Murfpcola

Reaction score
"Tink" on it with your knuckles. HOLLOW !!
DON'T CUT IT. --- SAWMAN
Only problem with the tink method is I don’t own a synthetic stock. My stock set is wood. I guess I need to dig out my Winchester pistol grip and see how it compares to my Mossberg birds head

RidgeRunner

Reaction score
IF a winchester will interchange with rem/mos you can buy a birdshead grip online for 25.00

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Saw a wood one on ebay. $35. If it's a full size shotgun the pistol grips are way cheaper. If that's a defender with the full choke it's a great shotgun. Dont chop it!!!!!

Last edited:

Murfpcola

Reaction score
Looks like adapting a Rem or Moss grip won’t work. The Winchester has a V shaped mating surface. Plenty of stocks on eBay may pick one up one day.

I was hoping to scratch the shotgun itch by buying a 500 military trade in today but the dealer sold out. Anyways a pic of my 1300 Defender
8C843E47-1B2E-45BA-8D62-B737BE00D665.jpg

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Sponsors

3rd Coast

Members online