• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dannyboy53

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    M96 Swedish reciever.jpg
    Swedish Mauser.jpg

A couple of years ago I bought this rifle from a friend, it was the first time I had seen/heard of a Swedish M96 Mauser 6.5x55mm. I was immediately struck by the sleek lines and beauty and really became attached to it after firing it. They have mild recoil and are very accurate, I settled on using PPU 120 grain match cartridges. Mine was made in 1905 and looks like a new one! I have learned since acquiring this one that the Swedes excelled in their craftsmanship and unmatched steel quality in building these rifles.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They're one of the more accurate of the milsurps too . Most will also shoot cast bullets just as well as long as you size to the throat , gaschecked design , keep velocity down to 1800 or so . Fast twist on the Swede barrels limits speed with cast . I've had luck with both the Lyman 266469 & 266673 . That older barrel steel is softer than current production & lead is even softer . With cast one could shoot an older gun & not wear it out .

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I use the 266469 in all mine. A sweet spot for my 4 is 1700fps using 2400 powder. Exceed that and the groups open up in my rifles. I'm also using Swedish primed blank cases with the Swedish blank powder with fine accuracy and that same cast bullet.

Dannyboy53

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Boatbum and Daezee I thank you for sharing your info with me. It has been several years since I reloaded and I never got around to getting dies and other supplies for the Swede. I have read the Swedes get exceptional accuracy with cast bullets!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom