• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Will be on a few different ar pistol builds and handguns.
    Some I'm looking at are only rated for 300 if they are subsonics. I'd like to have one to run any 300 so I don't have any worries.
    I'd like to buy as durable and as versatile as I can but not even sure where to start. So many manufacturers. Don't want to end up with one from a from a supplier that may not be around down the road.

Last edited:

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built my own and couldn't be happier. 30 days to legal, built what I want and it's better than most name brand ones. Subs and supers are two different animals. You will find one that works well for supers but is loud for subs and has a big first round pop because of the large blast chamber. For subs, you want small blast chamber and lots of baffles.

RuthLessPirate

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I built my own and couldn't be happier. 30 days to legal, built what I want and it's better than most name brand ones. Subs and supers are two different animals. You will find one that works well for supers but is loud for subs and has a big first round pop because of the large blast chamber. For subs, you want small blast chamber and lots of baffles.
    Where did you get your materials, if you don't mind my asking? I've been thinking about going the same route.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    +1 what Southbound said. Rugged makes a 45 can that is full auto rated, but subsonic only for 300 B.O.
    Sounds like you need 2 cans. Just sayin.
    Check out Dead Air's Nomad 30, it's not only full auto rated but I believe it has a belt fed rating. And super quiet. I haven't shot 300 through it, but plenty of 308, 7.62x39, 5.56, and .223..

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my opinion, you're looking for 2 different cans from your initial thoughts. You're not gonna want a can on a pistol that does well on an AR, and a can from a pistol isnt gonna do well on an AR. An effective can for an AR will be bigger, heavier, longer, possibly larger in diameter. At the very least for it to be more effective on an AR (or a rifle) it will most likely have 2-3 of those attributes, none of which translate well to using on a pistol. You'll want something shorter, lighter weight, smaller diameter, etc on a pistol, otherwise it'll be a pain in the arse to shoot.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Omega9k. 300 subs, 300 supers, and 9mm.
    LOVE mine.
    dd3403b9860dd6ef1ed22003f860a507.jpg

If you don’t mind going a bit bigger check out the Omega 36M. Modular and added capabilities.
    How well does it work on the 300 supers?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    How well does it work on the 300 supers?

It would depend mostly on your barrel length.
    All things being equal, going from full size 308 can to Omega9k is like going from full size 556 can to a 556k can. There’s a difference but it’s not night and day.
    On an 8” 300, i was perfectly happy with it.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've got an 8.5 I need to marry onto something and I have a ptr9k. I believe it's around a 5 inch barrel.

Stew

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can vouch for the Obsidian 45 made by Rugged. Although it is only rated for 300blk subs, it performs extremely well for what it is rated for. Use it on 45-70, 357, .38spl, 9mm, and 300blk. As long as what you're firing is subsonic, its easily been hearing safe. Plus the lifetime warranty is a nice bonus.

Top Bottom