HD Tactical

stupid things the government says and does...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Virtually any platform for firing artillery today has a counter battery radar componet. Within seconds you know the exact position where a shell or missile originated. The instant that missile crossed the horizion the ship had its launch pad pinpointed. A cruise missile only needs the coordinates installed, it flies to them and boom.
    Ed

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-navy-destroyer-again-targeted-missiles-yemen-u-175236613.html?ref=gs

gee, wonder what we did in the old days when someone shot missiles at us?

any of you old timers can remember? wait, I think I got it, we shot back, I am pretty sure...and with a lot of lead.. am I right?

I bet josh ernest will issue a statement condemning in the strongest terms this action...

Back in the day, this site would have been taken out in hours after incident, not days. Nonetheless, good job USN...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-yemen-rebels-fire-2-missiles-us-ship-171231166--politics.html

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The reason it took days was they had to ask every swinging in DC if it was ok to fire a missile into a goat heard in the mountains, after they made very sure no one that was not on the list got hurt, what an abOmination. It is election time so we can not offend a bad guy in his tent.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The Pentagon will suspend efforts to recoup bonuses overpaid to troops more than a decade ago, Defense Secretary Ash Carter announced Wednesday.
    Carter said the suspension would begin “as soon as is practical,” according to a Pentagon statement.

Read more at 1776 Coalition: http://www.1776coalition.com/featur...ends-natl-guard-bonus-clawbacks#ixzz4ODS6Ft1C

THEY ONLY STOPPED IT AFTER IT HIT THE NEWS, MAKING THEM LOOK BAD

Bean Counter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about the 22 million they have already extorted from the soldiers (men and women) who paid prior to the media getting involved?

drew

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What about the 22 million they have already extorted from the soldiers (men and women) who paid prior to the media getting involved?

My thoughts exactly - I don't care if the $$ comes directly from all the dang politicians paychecks who were involved. I really hope the men and women who had this money unjustly taken from them get it back.

And it better not come from the taxpayers.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Chavits needs to look into this also, including why the VA bonuses were not demanded returned when the soldiers got robbed. A double blivit.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I nominate Obama for the new Chief cow fart inspector, with Boxer and Pelosi as his assistants.
    Ed

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This would be the time to do it again, with control of the Congress and WH.
    Ed

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Anxiety is high among many transgender Americans after the sweeping Republican election victory. They fear stronger resistance to their push for civil-rights protections, including broader access to public restrooms, and wonder if their newly won right to serve openly in the military is in jeopardy.

Transgender people "are concerned for their safety, survival and legal rights in the coming years," said Chase Strangio, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union who often works on transgender issues.

Among the specific concerns:

— Many transgender people expect that Republican President-elect Donald Trump's administration will abandon or weaken the efforts by President Barack Obama's administration to enable transgender students to use the bathrooms of their choice at public schools. Republican officials in numerous states have opposed that campaign, saying schools should not be required to let such students use bathrooms or locker rooms based on their gender identity.

— There are fears that more GOP-governed states will approve legislation limiting transgender rights and will reject proposals to expand such rights.

— There's uncertainty about the Pentagon's recently adopted policy of allowing transgender people to serve openly in the military. Some conservative groups, including the Family Research Council and the Center for Military Readiness, have suggested a reversal of the policy. So has GOP Rep. Duncan Hunter of California, who serves on the House Armed Services Committee.

"The question needs to be asked: Does this make our military more effective and more lethal?" said Hunter's chief of staff, Joe Kasper. "It's hard to see how."

get rid of CARTER, and can the openly queer secretary of the army, repeal don't ask, don't tell, and maybe we can turn around

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its not just about a place to pee. It affects locker rooms and showers too. A simple fix is for those that are uncomfortable using restrooms alligned with their actual anatomy: authorize use of staff restrooms for privacy. The problems lie in the overt desire to "share facilities" for inclusiveness which in turn is forced on those with a different anatomy. This also sets the stage for harassment and bullying, wrong as it may be, the feds are lighting this fire.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The liberal ass holes always pick a silly or extreame example. Why don't you clown butts wait until Feb 1st and submit your paper work to Mattis. Bet it comes back with brown skid marks.......
    Ed

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The basic problem is that Bathhouse Barry and the whole "progressive" pile of misfits need to separate people, keep everyone pissed off, offended and "oppressed" so they can retain some sort of power. I just wish to god that Trump, Mattis and that bunch could stand up on National TV and say something like "You're a very tiny percentage of the population. It's time to face the fact that no one gives a shit. Do what you want to who you want. We have a helluva lot bigger fish to fry than worrying about your bathroom breaks, what kind of genitals you prefer or any other aspect of your lifestyles. It's not about YOU, you ain't a victim and life's too hard to waste time on your feelings. Get over yourself.. Oh, and we will no longer tolerate public disruptions by .001% of the population affecting thousands of people. Protest if you must but if but if you impede daily life, damage property or threaten human life you WILL get squashed like a stepped on grape. Enjoy your life, do what you must but lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

This is your only warning.".

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    FROM A CALIFORNIAN..

I am a native Southern Californian. I’ve lived in Los Angeles for 20 years, have worked on a hit television series in Hollywood, and am… a Christian Conservative. (Gasp!)
    Despite my political disagreements with the majority of the state, California is my home and I adore many aspects of it. The weather is the envy of the country, the mountains majestic, the deserts divine. The coastline is unequaled in its diversity and beauty. We boast Disneyland, the Golden Gate Bridge, and award-winning wineries up and down the state. California appears to be a little piece of heaven right here on earth, so what more could a person want?

Well… plastic bags, for one. Followed closely by ammunition. Ultimately, bullets could end up being far more important, but they’re not something I use every day. Plastic bags, on the other hand, are a necessity. Because I have a dog. And dogs don’t use toilets.
    A slew of unnecessary propositions burdened the California ballot this year. One was the ban on single use plastic bags; another required background checks for the purchase of ammunition; still another increased the cigarette tax by two dollars.
    I have a dog in an apartment. I am a gun owner. And I am a smoker. I hit the trifecta of ‘screw you’ in this election cycle.
    Why Proposition 57 Is Scary

There were also a few reasonable propositions, but they were offset by the schizophrenia of California voters. We passed Proposition 62, which upheld the death penalty. However, we also voted to release violent criminals early via Proposition 57. Cloaked in the deceptive language of “allows parole consideration for nonviolent felons,” it neglected to mention that the list of nonviolent offenses included:

• Rape of an unconscious person
    • Human trafficking involving sex acts with minors
    • Assault with a deadly weapon

Those are only a few examples. Call me crazy, but shouldn’t a crime that includes the word rape or assault be considered, I don’t know… violent?
    Cigarettes and Plastic Bags Are Now Forbidden

We legalized recreational marijuana, but imposed a two-dollar tax on cigarettes. When the state proposes a tax increase, it always includes some health, education, or environment language to present it as well-intentioned and for the general good. But plain and simple, this was the state proclaiming, “if we don’t like what you’re doing, we’ll tax the bejesus out of you.”
    The plastic bag ban wasn’t a total shock since Los Angeles banned those devilish things in 2014 via a city council decree. However, its neighboring incorporated city of Burbank had not, and since I live on the cusp, I was able to load up with a jaunt to the Vons around the corner. I no longer jaunt.
    A Background Check to Buy Ammo? Really?

I still have a few years to stockpile ammo, but come July 2019, lucky me, I get to submit to a background check. That I’ve already undergone for the purchase of my gun. And I get to pay $50 for the pleasure of undergoing that same background check. Don’t applaud yet, it gets better: my name gets put on a list that vendors must be submitted to the state Department of Justice.

What precisely are they going to do with that information? What inferences will they make? And how wrong will they be?
    I might practice at the range every day to ensure safe handling of my weapon. I might watch “The Walking Dead” and have come to the conclusion that I should prepare for a zombie apocalypse. Either way, it is none of the state of California’s business how many bullets I purchase.
    An ammunition background check is the equivalent of saying we need a background check to purchase gasoline as a preventative measure against drunk drivers. Does any rational person actually believe it’s going to prevent a criminal from shooting someone?
    Picture your average gangster at the local Walmart. “Gimme one box of nine mil.” The clerk checks the database, and Cheetoh (gangsters have such fascinating names) is met with a denial. “Really? I was about to go on a drive-by and bust a cap in someone’s ass, but now…” He scratches his head and says, “I bought my piece on the street without a background check, but wow, I can’t get ammunition without one? I’m beginning to rethink this whole murder thing.”
    Californians’ Sanctimonious Attitudes Shone Through

The crafting and passage of these ludicrous propositions are rooted in a sanctimonious, holier-than-thou narcissism. When it became clear that Donald Trump had won the White House, the CA Twittosphere lit up calling for the state to secede from the union, whining that the rest of the country doesn’t share its values.

Republicans now hold the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives. Thirty-three states are under the leadership of Republican governors, and there are 67 state legislatures in GOP hands compared to the Democrats 30. Could it possibly be, #Calexiters, that maybe it’s you who don’t the share values with rest of the country?
    Free California’s tweet, claiming that the rest of the country provides us with debt, proves that this state reeks of denial (and now, also pot). The tarnished Golden State currently has $400 billion dollars in unfunded liabilities and debt. The San Francisco Chronicle reported, “Since 2000, voters approved more than $103.2 billion [in general obligation bonds]. The state is paying on $86.8 billion in bond debt with another $32.3 billion expected to be issued in the coming years.” In addition, on November 8 of this year, voters approved another $9 billion dollar school construction bond.
    The outcome of this election cycle has made this dog owning, gun-toting smoker consider taking a lot of road trips to Arizona (AZ actually banned cities from banning plastic bags) in the near future. Is trafficking plastic a crime? Eh, what’s the harm—Proposition 53 allows for the early release of criminals trafficking children for sex, so they should show mercy for simply crossing state lines with plastic bags.
    Although… it is California… I probably shouldn’t bet on it.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just the crap California passed this year alone would be enough to get me to move out of that state if I lived there. What they need to do is make California a separate liberal country and then tell all the transgenders and gays that's the only place they're allowed to live!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Just the crap California passed this year alone would be enough to get me to move out of that state if I lived there. What they need to do is make California a separate liberal country and then tell all the transgenders and gays that's the only place they're allowed to live!

and ship them all the muslems & the precious little snowflakes in nyc, seattle, Portland too, and cut off the water supply from our rivers, see how many veggies and fruit & nuts they can grow then....build the wall there around the state, declare them a hostile nation ....

adios ....don't call us,we will call you if we want something

Last edited:

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The basic problem is that Bathhouse Barry and the whole "progressive" pile of misfits need to separate people, keep everyone pissed off, offended and "oppressed" so they can retain some sort of power. I just wish to god that Trump, Mattis and that bunch could stand up on National TV and say something like "You're a very tiny percentage of the population. It's time to face the fact that no one gives a shit. Do what you want to who you want. We have a helluva lot bigger fish to fry than worrying about your bathroom breaks, what kind of genitals you prefer or any other aspect of your lifestyles. It's not about YOU, you ain't a victim and life's too hard to waste time on your feelings. Get over yourself.. Oh, and we will no longer tolerate public disruptions by .001% of the population affecting thousands of people. Protest if you must but if but if you impede daily life, damage property or threaten human life you WILL get squashed like a stepped on grape. Enjoy your life, do what you must but lead, follow or get the hell out of the way.

This is your only warning.".

DAMN SKIPPY!

God, I hope these new appointees do not succumb to the PC liberal whiney democrat & some repubs in congress....we need some asskicking to start in this country..

Latest posts

Top Bottom