• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Any members have much experience with Stoeger semi autos? I have been wanting to get one for a little while now. One thing I like about them is the ability to add a magazine extension. I found one at a pawn shop for about $175 under what I can buy a new one for. The used one has some finish wear which does not bother me. It only includes one choke as opposed to 3 with a new one. My main worry is that if it does not function correctly then I will have to send it off and the cost of that would pretty much get me a used gun for the price of a new one.

After doing some reading online you can find quite a few instances with them having feeding issues but I know bad news travels fast. My main use would be range and skeet shooting and occasional hunting. As stated in other threads I don’t need it to fill a role. I have several other shotguns in various configurations

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Not a semi-auto, but a few years ago, I had a Stoeger pump. It did have problems feeding and ejecting. I sent it back to Stoeger to get it fixed, and when it came back to the gun store, I used it as a trade-in on another gun.
    I never fired it after it was repaired.
    I hope this helps.
    PS: I also had a Stoeger over/under that I absolutely loved.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it just the $175 price for a semi-auto that draws you to the Stoeger? I think Benelli (which is ownd by Beretta) still owns Stoeger and newer models have a inertia driven operating system that I would assume to be like Benellis'. There were/are several different semi-auto models and the year is unknown too: there's no way to tell if its gas or inertia or reliability with so little info. As I understand it: Stoeger the M2000 was a Benelli knock-off BEFORE Benelli bought them. Historically, I don't think its unjustified to say Stoegers are not as refined as their Benelli counterparts and that dovetails into reliability (more so with older models) but your paying half the price.

I haven't seen a dedicated Stoeger shotgun forum but the general shotgun forums will have some user info for you.

Here's their new bad boy:

Murfpcola

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have pretty much talked myself out of the pawn shop gun. It is not $175, I can get it for $375 which would save me about $175 over new. New would come with 2 more chokes plus a 5 year warranty.

I have been looking at the M3000 for a little while now. I am interested in having a semi auto 12 gauge and I like their price compared to others. I have watched about every YouTube video on them and they all seem favorable. When I googled m3000 feeding issues I found quite a few threads on various forums where people had issues. I do realize that the numerous people who are extremely happy with theirs don’t usually start threads

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stogers semi-auto shotguns were/are made in Turkey, as were some similar but not interchangeable inertia action parts for Benelli and FN. Specs, QC and acceptance of those exported parts can be a major difference. We generally expect more from mfrs held in higher regard, but I also read an unsatisfied Benelli customer (reporting cycling issues) was told to fire 250 full power 3.5 inch shells through it to "break it in" (at his expense)! I'd wait a month, tell them it's still bad and send it back! On the other end: I've have a 1990 H&K branded Benelli M3 (Dual Mode) that has never had an issue but it hasn't had heavy useage.

Gas systems shoot softer than Inertia systems but are much dirtier in the receiver.

Top Bottom