• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    well - he is a target now. Mentioned black on black crime, Marxism, and called them terrorists...

Well, from his comments and mannerisms on the video, he seems like a good person. If he and his wife used to support the demoncrats and the BLM, perhaps they will wake up now. Libtard and domestic terrorist agendas would've neutered his ability to legally do what he did.

I'll amend my previous statement a bit and admit that I would consider it a loss if he and his wife got struck by lightning. They at least had the guts to defend themselves, and they showed restraint in the face of terrible odds.

As for all of this BS about setting off bombs as a means of self-defense, uhm... no.
    The circumstances required to be able to definitely PROVE that the bomb was both necessary to defend yourself from every single perpetrator in the blast radius Simultaneously AND it was extremely fortuitous and Not premeditated?... those circumstances don't exist in this world. Nah, even an incompetent lawyer would pick that apart.

Well-placed bullets have an intended target and collateral damage is mitigated by shot placement and ammo type.

Bombs are addressed "to whom it may concern", and could hurt an innocent quite easily.

How about we leave it at that?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I agree. Most news stories are denigrating the actions of 2nd AMMENDMENT behavior while insisting that rioting and looting is part of the 1st AMMENDMENT. Personally I don't take issue with lawful protesters anymore than I take issue with lawful gun carriers. However recent events lead me to believe that peace is not the goal of a majority of "protesters." As for me and mine we will defend both our liberty and our property. If someone devalues their life enough to decide destroying or taking my property is worth more than their life that is on them.

I noticed that, the AG seemed to think the rights of the "peaceful" protestors just merely walking down the street, (while she ignored the fact they trespassed, broke gates down, while carrying weapons& threatened them) were more important than the rights of homeowners to protect their property and family were somehow more important....

like most liberals, when the thugs come down their own street, it will be totally a different response....

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Relevant Florida Statutes
    776.012 Use or threatened use of force in defense of person.—
    (1), (2)

Good info but I thought Saint Louis Mo. Laws applied to OP couple. Lol. With all that's going on, I don't have the time to check them all. They are receiving a large amount of Threats via phones and, email and Company Web site. twit, fb and the usual media are putting their own spin and state unlawfulness. Seems the defenders have not been charged with any violations to date. No telling what the mob/rioter loving politicians and DA will do?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lack of training shows. I wish they would have used some finger and muzzle discipline, then maybe they wouldn’t have looked like a bunch of bafoons
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    True. Untrained is scary to us but it was effective in keeping the criminal mob from advancing and carrying out their Threats to kill everyone and burn the house to the ground. I'll just put it in the same pile as untrained Granny pulling a .38 from the nightstand. Just like reasons to buy guns they may have realized a need for training.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Lack of training shows. I wish they would have used some finger and muzzle discipline, then maybe they wouldn’t have looked like a bunch of bafoons

the wife looked like a deranged dork for sure..hate to see her shooting ability..or see her throw a softball...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

It is my understanding that untrained people with guns do a much better job of defending themselves than those without guns manage to do. Yes training is important. Training also does vary bit. On triggers, my training, the heck with what the NRA says, the moment the pistol leaves the holster or rifle is unslung, safety off and if I feel that I am likely to be using the gun, finger on the trigger. An exception would be made for a gun with a very extra light trigger of which I do not own. I have tried a one oz trigger, and to touch it is to fire it. Of course one should take care not to cover an innocent person with the muzzle as is practical. The mob are not innocent.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No, just no...

The 4 rules were not invented by the NRA, nor are they only applicable on a range. Apparently you need training too. I can be finger straight, muzzle down, and when it comes to an AR, still on safe, yet still be ready to fight in a less than a moment’s notice. Finger does not go straight to the trigger on the draw unless the decision to fire has already been made. Even if your covering a target and giving commands (show your hands, drop the gun, etc), finger is still straight until decision to fire has been made. Take it from someone who’s pointed a gun at a person or two...

Absolutely disagree. It depends on where you got training. Mine is from an ex-LEO that did get into trouble with his department for killing people. If it has gotten to point where I have drawn a gun. I am not an LEO and it is florida law and the laws of nature that apply. If there is anyway I can escape I will. If there is any advantage I can assume to survive, I will do it. If the gun is drawn I am considering taking a life. Well I will stop here. I will say that I will use my fists, elbows, and feet first if that seems viable prior to drawing a gun.
    I am not trying to arrest anyone. My only goal is my survival.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And one more thing...

An untrained person with a gun is not automatically an asset. Without training you are still a liability. An untrained person who introduces a gun into a fight with an unarmed person could also just be arming their attacker.

This is not an argument against granny having a gun, but she needs to be willing and able to use it when justified.

I am not saying it is ideal. But across the nation untrained do defend themselves and that is fact. They also fail getting themselves killed and cause unnecessarily collateral damage. In most cases just the presence of a gun decides the issue in a positive manner.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If only the priest was armed with a gun instead of knowledge he could have saved the statue...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well in that case your saying your not drawing a gun until the decision to shoot has already been made, and so I agree with you that in that case, going straight to the trigger would be acceptable.

But that’s not the case here...

Karen and Ken here decided to “brandish” weapons, without shooting anyone, to discourage the mob’s criminal behavior. Without even getting into weather or not that is a good idea, etc, I still would have rather seen them armed, but without waving it around, finger on trigger, looking like a couple of jackasses.

Not what I said.
    " I am considering taking a life. ". If I plan to take a life, I will shoot.
    If you are in law enforcement, the training is one size fits all. An institution trains for the lowest denominator. In a large institution there will some very low denominators. The behavior of an LEO arresting someone should be a lot more restrained than that of citizen that has no backup or armor. Exactly what advantage do I gain from keeping my finger off the trigger vs having it on the trigger.
    The fact that it is on trigger should seem more threatening to the goblin. Should convince the goblin that I am more likely to shoot if he/she/it does not leave ASAP.
    Survival is goal.
    I am a lot older than you and that has something do with my thinking. In my generation if you pointed a gun at someone that posed a danger, your finger was on the trigger. If your finger was not on the trigger, your were not planning to shoot.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Nothing to do with the original post but goes along with how these thugs are bad to the bone until someone retaliates. In this case retaliation was without violence.
    This makes me smile.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Personally (FOR ME) . . . I would not take any training OR advice from ANY LEO unless I could confirm how they were trained or what their mindset was.
    We have all been watching the reaction of law enforcement AND the "weekend warriors" over the past several months. If my potential instructor is ready to instruct me in this response . . well shit . . i'll pass.
    The LEO's have been neutered by the politicians,their fat assed lieutenant's,captain's and etc,that have not actually been down in the shit for the last 10-15 years. SAD !!
    I want to keep my trained mindset of agressively reacting to a potential life threatening situation . . . NOT reacting passively. With talk,talk,talk,informing someone of their rights,threatening them,more talk,backing up from your established defensive position,and taking a knee to bow down in front of my opponent. Then asking forgiveness.
    For you . . ? . . ok for you. NOT FOR ME. Not the reaction . . not the training to react.
    "You will fight like you train". ---- SAWMAN

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’m not going to try and correct your misconceptions of LE Firearms training. You do whatever your ready to answer for. Good luck to you. I just don’t think I’d rely on the training from an “ex-cop who got in trouble for killing people” or whatever for how I use force, but I digress. I’m retreat back to browsing quietly while shaking my head.

Please dont go back to quiet browsing, not only did you call these two ken and Karen, but it’s nice to see a perspective of someone who actually carries a firearm while engaging with the public (that also doesn’t see the tri county area as hue city).

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Please dont go back to quiet browsing, not only did you call these two ken and Karen, but it’s nice to see a perspective of someone who actually carries a firearm while engaging with the public (that also doesn’t see the tri county area as hue city).

IMG_5607.PNG

IMG_5609.JPG

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even when I disagree I appreciate seeing things from the perspective of law enforcement.

In these days it can be unwise for any public employee to state their point of view publicly.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pistol with ejection port on the left side ??
    Looks like a Jennings or Bryco. Made at the Wilson Combat factory in Nigeria. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom