Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

So who is Refinancing your property now?

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Our mortgage is paid, we have two credit cards that get used every so often, and when we do they get paid in full. We have money left over at the end of the month. In another 5 1/2 years I'll get my Reserve Retirement, and 2 1/2 years after that my Civil Service Retirement.

Right now I get VA Disability, Social Security Disability and partial Civil Service Disability.

I remember when I was a young NCO with 3 kids, struggling to make ends meet, wife and I working opposite shifts so we didn't have to worry about daycare. Now there are no kids living with us, other than water, gas, electricity, cable, internet, and cell phones, there are no bills. She doesn't have to work, so she is able to keep an eye on me with my medical issues.

It was a long, hard road to where we are today. I can at least relax and know if I kick the bucket tomorrow, she won't be saddled with a ton of debts.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
Reaction score
I am refinancing. We are going from 4.8% to 3.3% We are 11 years into a 30 year fixed. We are going with a 15 year. Essentially knocking 4 years of payments off at a lower payment. I am selling some stuff to make up the closing costs that way they don't roll it into my payment. But they are steep estimated at around 5K. Main goal. Pay this place off before retirement.

Murfpcola

Reaction score
Being frugal makes a man look lucky to those that are less than frugal.
Being frugal makes a man look lucky to those that are less than frugal.
That is a great quote! Not true in every case but true much of the time.

Where I work most of us make the same amount. I know guys who eat out everyday at break and lunch. They always have cigarettes and party on the weekends but when it’s time for tires on their car or similar, they finance them. They poke at me for having “all” the money

Toggle Sidebar

Latest posts

Members online